StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Need some help with RSI(2)<< >>Post Follow-up
luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #42572
Ignore luc1grunt
3/27/2006 10:01:03 PM

Hey folks, I have a good style I trade with that has proven successful, but I'm always learning and the number of indicators/methods on this site are intriguing to say the least. I do need some advice/explanation on a couple things if you would please. Sorry in advance if they sound as dumb as they appear as I type, but here goes:

On a couple of various filters such as Muddy Combined - RSI(2) < 1
it says enter on green then hold?????? Not sure what I am looking at because the stocks it shows don't raise my eyebrows based on where they are at in trend, cosolidation etc.

Also could use some explanation for TRO's "warm filter and how you use it.

Also, Niko's swing trade filter. I enter swings on some different criteria, but I see this has success for varying reasons.

I'm good with WALLSTREET GENIUS/RIGGS filters......I've quit my job, sold my kids on the human market, and triple motgaged my house because they are the "last filters I will ever need". Just kidding Riggs, but I understand the indicators you are using and they are nice filters. Thanks for your work.

TRO, Nikoschopen, Riggs.....the list goes on....thanks for your help on this and the things I have learned while on this forum....Luc

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #42577
Ignore nikoschopen
3/28/2006 4:21:15 AM

I'm both flattered and baffled by the fact that I'm not the ordinary filtermeister ppl come knocking when they're in search of a holy grail. I usually spend my time helping other ppl write, or rather complete, their unfinished filters -- which I'm happy to assist. Hence, I thank you for bringing up my name. Nevertheless, I'm ashamed to admit that I can't quite remember the "swing trade filter" that you're referring to. Could you either provide the link or post the filter in its entirety and, if possible, elaborate on what you find as unclear about the filter?

Thx.

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #42580
Ignore luc1grunt
3/28/2006 7:37:02 AM

Niko, I'll dig it up in a bit....but to clarify, no "holy grail" sought here. Thanks, Luc

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #42581
Ignore luc1grunt
3/28/2006 7:38:54 AM

Niko, sorry, I got you confused with Noahheadwind (sp?). Nevertheless, I enjoy your posts :)

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #42606
Ignore luc1grunt
3/28/2006 5:51:17 PM

Well, I can see this post is going no where......

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Need some help with RSI(2)<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.