StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Need some input from the forum<< 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 >>Post Follow-up
Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #112794
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
4/16/2013 2:19:20 PM

Thanks. I have yet to really try any promotion of the system, but was thinking that advertising on Finviz might make sense.

Quilln
116 posts
msg #112802
Ignore Quilln
4/16/2013 11:42:40 PM

Kevin writes in part ...... "wondering if anyone here uses a service that provides stock BUY and SELL signals".

I am into Seasonality plays for many years and have used the following for a few years and doing well.

http://www.trademinerpro.com/ and kruz to the bottom to show the demo by the president of Geckosoftware.com. Currently we are using the 3.0 version and in a few months will be using an enhanced 3.50 version.

Just a thought and please let us know which system you will be locking into. I would like to hang onto your coat tails, because your moving around to fast.

I saw one with the QLD/QID ETF's, but I can come close to there service but not automated.

Best regards,
Quilln -

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #112803
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
4/17/2013 12:00:39 AM

If that comment is directed to me, I am trading only this system at the moment, which is up almost 6% since its inception on Collective2 less than 3 weeks ago. Currently full at 10 trades in play, after closing the last 13 in a row profitably.

jackmack
334 posts
msg #112809
Ignore jackmack
4/17/2013 8:23:31 AM

Kevin
Just a heads up - your web site takes users to Collective2 and "Pangolin D" on both your new models when clicked on.
Cheers

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #112810
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
4/17/2013 8:50:30 AM

Thanks. I'll fix it tonight.

decipherlinda
133 posts
msg #112826
Ignore decipherlinda
4/17/2013 7:34:45 PM

Hi Kevin,

I don't have time to read thru all the responses to your question, so I may be duplicating information, but I started using Morningstar recently that seems great. They produce a report once a month called StockInvestor. It provides names of stocks chosen on fundamentals and, of those, selects stocks from those with economic moats. They provide a good deal of information about each stock as well as the price to buy each one at and the price to sell it at. The price for a subscription to StockInvestor is $115 per year. I don't believe you have to have a separate subscription to Morningstar.com.

I've found that the monthly newsletter has stocks that are moving or start moving soon. I've bought 4 to 5 stocks from their list that were making me money, although I didn't keep them long due to the potential for a market breakdown which appears to be starting right now.

Good luck!

pdqbail
4 posts
msg #112877
Ignore pdqbail
4/20/2013 6:51:28 PM

Kevin, I haven't read every reply closely so if this has been mentioned my apologies and you may already know this." Hire an attorney so as not to violate any sec regs." They're very expensive.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #113125
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
5/4/2013 1:17:03 PM

Just updating this - the Pangolin Z system has been active on Collective2 for about 5 full weeks now, and has done quite well going forward. All too often a system that looks great in backtesting does poorly or loses money when traded live.

So far Pangolin Z has closed 40 trades, with 35 being profitable (win percentage of 87.5%). The system is now up 12.6% since 3/26, and has the highest Sharpe ratio of any stock trading system on C2 (there are 328 in total). While I doubt it can continue at this torrid pace, I am pleased that it is meeting or beating the historical backtest performance in every category so far.

I think if history repeats itself the next few months should be a challenge for any long-only system, so the real performance will best be measured after 4-6 months of live trading.

I want to thank the members of SF who subscribed to the system, some even before the first trade had closed. Glad that it has worked well for both of us so far.

sohailmithani
192 posts
msg #113178
Ignore sohailmithani
5/7/2013 11:21:19 AM

Hi Kevin

I was looking at the returns on collective site for this strategy which shows that this system has made almost $3k until now. If we are investing $50K (10 stocks @ 5000 each. I believe that is the maximum # of stock that this strategy holds), then return comes to ~6%. But the system is calculating almost 13%. Can you please let me know how is this getting calculated?
Thanks

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #113184
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
5/7/2013 11:46:44 AM

Trades are $2500 per trade but use 2:1 margin. If the system were not using margin you would be correct.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Need some input from the forum<< 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.