StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Neural Systems<< >>Post Follow-up
decipherlinda
133 posts
msg #71237
Ignore decipherlinda
2/6/2009 10:17:15 AM

Anyone tried using "black box" neural systems? How did it work?

Walid
130 posts
msg #71240
Ignore Walid
2/6/2009 12:10:43 PM

As a software engineer - with special interest in AI - I know one thing about automated trading systems. The best - and some times only - way to make money out of them is to sell them to others.

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #71241
Ignore chetron
2/6/2009 12:20:30 PM

= {)

guru_trader
485 posts
msg #71245
Ignore guru_trader
2/6/2009 2:36:08 PM

I've tried a variety of neural systems and some of them can make money but it's tough to tell the difference between them being lucky vs them really being able to forecast direction. Also, the time frame you use to train neurals may be critical. Do you train over the last 1 year, 2 years, last 1 month, last 6 months? I had one neural system that worked better if I trained it over the last 3 months on a rolling basis. The problem is when market tendencies change quickly neural systems often struggle to keep up.

Make sure you research how to improve and/or optimize neural networks properly before you start training them.

stocktrader
294 posts
msg #71252
Ignore stocktrader
2/6/2009 10:21:26 PM

I spent one month a couple of years ago analyzing this web site and crunching/tracking the data.
The result, flipping a coin was just as good.

http://www.stock100.com

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Neural Systems<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.