StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · New Here and Need Encouragement<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
Slapfish
3 posts
msg #67745
Ignore Slapfish
9/25/2008 3:16:36 PM

Hi All. I've been lurking the forums for quite a while and I was trying out some of the methods here, primarily TRO's methods, or at least my interpretation of them. It is a bit difficult to piece together all the guidelines across so many different threads. I was feeling pretty good, actually starting to make some money for the first time since I wandered into the stock market about a year ago and then I made a really, REALLY dumb mistake (I didn't set my stop) and I just lost about half my working money. It's really taken the wind out of my sails. I was beginning to have some confidence and now I'm just pretty washed out.

I know I can battle back. I know I won't EVER make that stupid mistake again. But some words of encouragement would go a long way right now. (I can't pay much at the moment *g*) So many people are telling me that I shouldn't trade, that it's too risky, that it's stupid etc.... I know they are wrong, but at times like this I begin to wonder.

Anyway, I know there are a lot of very successful traders here and I can't be the only one that's been WAY down and had to come back. I know it can be done, right? If I was making money before it means I can do it, right?

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #67749
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/25/2008 4:28:56 PM

You can do it.

DON'T LISTEN TO ANYONE.. INCLUDING ME!

rtucker
318 posts
msg #67751
Ignore rtucker
9/25/2008 4:54:10 PM

Read Jack Schwagers 3 books where he interviews accomplished traders.

One very common trait among these people is that they blew out their
account early in their trading lives.

Realy, how else do you learn respect and risk management?

Slapfish
3 posts
msg #67754
Ignore Slapfish
9/25/2008 5:39:31 PM

Thanks both of you. I really appreciate it. What a way to introduce myself. I was really hoping to start with a lovely success story but .... I guess that will have to wait.

wirechild
11 posts
msg #67757
Ignore wirechild
9/25/2008 7:17:58 PM

Just take the other half of your working money and put it on Red.

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #67759
Ignore chetron
9/25/2008 9:25:07 PM

YOU CAN'T DO IT.

DON'T LISTEN TO ANYONE, INCLUDING ME. LOL

HAVE FUN.

Slapfish
3 posts
msg #67764
Ignore Slapfish
9/25/2008 11:09:50 PM

BAH! Just what I need, a bunch of smartasses!

I've decided to deal with this by pretending it never happened. I've always been very good at fooling myself because I am both quite devious and terribly gullible. It's coming in very handy right now. In fact I've no idea who impersonated me to start this ridiculous thread.

miketranz
956 posts
msg #67766
Ignore miketranz
9/25/2008 11:22:30 PM

Slapfish,go to search,type in:12 reasons why people lose money in the markets.Hope this helps.Mike....

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #67782
Ignore alf44
modified
9/26/2008 10:12:11 AM

Slapfish,

This is a very volatile Market !!!

Make no mistake...we are in a BEAR MARKET !!!

Trading on the LONG side of this Market is very difficult !!!

If you're fortunate enough to find yourself on the right side of a trade...beware...it can turn on a dime and POOF..."Mother Market" will take it ALL back and then some !

GLTY !!!

Regards,

alf44

FuriousThug
256 posts
msg #67783
Ignore FuriousThug
9/26/2008 10:18:28 AM

Indeed. You could get back to your starting point in a day...or you could lose it all. Not the greatest time to be experimenting.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · New Here and Need Encouragement<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.