StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Newbie: Which should I use Web or Desktop Fetcher?<< >>Post Follow-up
fusionpunch
3 posts
msg #38330
Ignore fusionpunch
10/4/2005 3:46:39 PM

I am so glad I found Stock Fetcher. Now I just ahve to understand what I am doing.

Which do you suggest web or desktop fetcher?

What filter do you use for scanning stocks? Looking for buy and sell points.

Would it be good for someone young that is just getting into online trading that is a very fast learner?

txtrapper
548 posts
msg #38332
Ignore txtrapper
10/4/2005 8:18:47 PM

I am sure a lot of people will offer to help you. But what I did when I first joined SF was go to message #1 and read them all, took about a week but it will bring you up to speed real fast.

TxTrapper

yepher
359 posts
msg #38342
Ignore yepher
10/5/2005 7:21:28 PM

Fusionpunch,

I too believe that SF is a very powerful tool. We have all been in your shoes wondering where to start at one time or another. Fortunately there have been a lot of pioneers before you that have done a lot of the grunt work to make this an easier process.

Rumpled is right there is some great knowledge to be found throughout the forum.

I think a better place to start is the StockFetcher manual and then as a reference you can use: http://yepher.com/~yepher/stockfetcher/command.html. I say this because before forum will make sense you should at least have a passing knowledge of the commands.

My last thought is gloss over the filters with “set” in them. The “set” command has some serious limitation (like nesting limits) that may only serve to confuse you at this point. Also the “set” command is not very well supported in the syntax checker.

My dig on the syntax checker:
<dig>
I guess that is why the syntax checker has been in “BETA” for over a year. Will everything be BETA for now on or will something actually become released at some point?

This seems to be a trend in web based applications. The mentality appears to be “Just call it beta so if someone (everyone) complains you still won’t have to fix it”.
</dig>

-- Chris

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Newbie: Which should I use Web or Desktop Fetcher?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.