StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Nice Feature :)<< >>Post Follow-up
yepher
359 posts
msg #39256
Ignore yepher
12/1/2005 11:42:28 PM

I am very thankful for the ignore feature. The pettiness was really getting on my nerves. Thanks SF.

-- Yepher

Koronbock
201 posts
msg #39260
Ignore Koronbock
12/2/2005 3:38:17 AM

Yes, IGNORE is a great feature. Now the "uncivilized" people on this forum will simply talk to themselves and we do not need to read their garbage. Great!

judgetrade
107 posts
msg #39269
Ignore judgetrade
12/2/2005 1:15:15 PM

now we only need to post the most ignored ones.
And then a function that ignores automatically the top 10 ignored ones :-) (just kidding)

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #39272
Ignore alf44
12/2/2005 2:52:42 PM

"Ignore Features" rarely if EVER work !

They just don't !

Oh sure...people will say they use the "iggy button"...some will even proudly post something like..."your Ignore of (fill in the blank) has been successful"...so everyone can see it. I suppose they think that by doing that it will in some way serve to publically humiliate the offending poster. A sort of "TAKE THAT !" But, it's all for show...it's all theatre. They're not ABOUT to put that poster on "Ignore" because THEY CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT HE POSTS NEXT...AND IF IT'S ABOUT THEM ! LOL

It's just human nature !

The only thing dumber than an "iggy button" is a publically displayed "user rating" or "number of ignores" ! Those are both just dumb ideas that only lead to abuses and opportunities for the unscrupulous to "PLAY" the system ! I've seen this happen on every site I've been to that has ever tried it (or something similar).

What WOULD work is a clearly stated "Terms of Usage" by the site operators AND the diligence to step in and enforce them...AND...AND...

...a self-policing posting community with the backbone to STAND UP to posters who continually bash other fellow SF members without provocation and inform them that their verbal bashing posts will not be tolerated here !

The first thing is completely doable !

The second thing however...is not likely to EVER happen here !!!

All in my opinion of course !

Regards,

alf44

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #39273
Ignore alf44
12/2/2005 2:57:13 PM

...oh BTW...

..."Your Ignore of Koronbock Has Been Successful"...

Regards,

alf44

PS. j/k :8^)

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Nice Feature :)<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.