StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · ***OPTIONS*** Question<< >>Post Follow-up
karennma
8,057 posts
msg #123188
Ignore karennma
3/13/2015 12:50:38 PM

Hypothetical:
If I want to do a bearish call spread and I want to sell a call and buy a call, when I SELL the call, am I selling at the bid or ask price?

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #123190
Ignore karennma
3/13/2015 2:04:48 PM

Bid price. Correct?

dashover
224 posts
msg #123193
Ignore dashover
3/13/2015 2:11:17 PM

Sell the Bid, Buy the Ask...

But try and work the trade so you get a bit better price than the bid, Never a market order as they will take advantage of you...

BarTune1
441 posts
msg #123197
Ignore BarTune1
3/13/2015 7:20:07 PM

Split the bid ask on both; subtract the result from the higher strike call from the lower strike call; then direct your broker to enter a combination for a credit spread of at least the difference calculated above.

If the options are not liquid they will have a wide bid ask spread and it will be difficult to fill your trade.

Bear spreads using puts or calls, or any option trading for that matter, can be rather inefficient unless you are using options with higher volumes and/or tight bid-ask spreads. It is usually much better to short the particular stock.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · ***OPTIONS*** Question<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.