StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · One triggers another<< >>Post Follow-up
tmaugham
115 posts
msg #49483
Ignore tmaugham
1/23/2007 2:36:20 PM

Anyone know of a broker where you can submit orders where the successful execution of one order automatically triggers another? For example, I enter a buy order for 1,000 shares of xyz at $10. At the same time I enter a stop loss for the same 1,000 of xyz at $9.50 to cover myself and a sell order for the same 1,000 of xyz at $11.00 to take a 10% profit. When the buy at $10 is successful the two sell orders are immediately placed. I would also like the two sell orders to cancel each other when one is executed.

I current use Ameritrade and that does not seem possible with them.

Thanks,
Tom

JohnyYuma
60 posts
msg #49486
Ignore JohnyYuma
1/23/2007 3:36:08 PM

Bracket orders by Interactive Brokers

Hope this helps

Thanks

killertrader
18 posts
msg #49487
Ignore killertrader
1/23/2007 4:25:32 PM

Does their "Trade Triggers" program not cover this?

tmaugham
115 posts
msg #49489
Ignore tmaugham
1/23/2007 8:21:48 PM

Ameritrade trade triggers are not linked unfortunately....

tmaugham
115 posts
msg #49490
Ignore tmaugham
1/23/2007 8:25:14 PM

Thanks Johnny!

stevec2
5 posts
msg #49497
Ignore stevec2
1/24/2007 9:50:45 AM

mbtrading has this available. You can check them at mbtrading.com to see if they are what you are looking for.

astroanalyst
48 posts
msg #49562
Ignore astroanalyst
1/25/2007 6:48:58 PM

FWIW...I've been with thinkorswim for about five months now (great service + great platform that is continuously being developed and enhanced). While the platform has been primarily designed for trading options (Citibank and Merrill Lynch are notable institutional clients), it has been perfectly fine for equities and futures...bottom line...IMHO, it is the best trading interface I've worked with, so far...

You can create an almost dizzying array of complex orders. They offer a free 10-day test drive. For more info, follow links below...

TOS home page: http://www.thinkorswim.com/tos/displayPage.tos?webpage=main&layout=homeLayout

Order Types Overview (requires Flash): http://mediaserver.thinkorswim.com/demos/ordertypes2.htm

HTH...

Good Luck...

Disclaimer: The author of this post is not affiliated or connected with thinkorswim, Inc. in any way whatsoever, other than being a thoroughly satisfied client, of course ;)

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · One triggers another<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.