StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · POLITICS GOES HERE<< 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 75 >>Post Follow-up
all4juan
20 posts
msg #97641
Ignore all4juan
11/27/2010 7:38:50 PM

They should be allowed to fail, if you can't run a fiscal responsible country or business then get out.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #97655
Ignore TheRumpledOne
11/28/2010 11:20:25 AM

Do you realize how much money is being made on the volatility?

Perhaps that is the REAL REASON the CFTC lowered leverage from 100:1 to 50:1 and want to lower it even more!!

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #97670
Ignore TheRumpledOne
11/29/2010 8:50:27 AM

In my inbox today:

Bailout Mafia

When thinking of the Ireland bailout last Friday I wondered just “who,” or which companies, were getting bailed out. When the average person thinks of a “bondholder” he thinks of an individual; however, when it comes to the bondholders of these large banks they are often other banksters.

So I had a thought: wouldn’t it be interesting to read the exact names of the bondholders who are once again fleecing the average citizen of a country? Would these be the same names of those who received hundreds of BILLIONS of dollars in U.S. bailout-bucks? If so, we should call this group The Bailout Mafia because clearly they will get theirs before anyone else. Moreover, people seem to be afraid to stand up to them.

Because of the large research arm over at the ZeroHedge website, I thought I would contact Tyler about this idea. He responded immediately that it was a good idea to revisit this issue and re-released an earlier post. He told me to forward the list of the Bailout Mafia (my term) to you all. Once you read the list, with your prior knowledge of the financial abuse, you will get sick – or angry – or both.

Guido Fawkes, who managed to obtain the Anglo Irish bondholder list, shares the following commentary:
Anglo-Irish Bank did not represent a systemic risk to the Irish economy, it wasn’t a high street bank like AIB or the Bank of Ireland. If it had been allowed to go the way of Lehmans the only losers would have been shareholders and bondholders. The Irish state stepped in and nationalised a bank that was basically run by crooks lending to property speculators. The Irish people are taking losses that should rightly have been shouldered by bondholders.

Every child in Ireland is being bequeathed a huge debt at birth to protect the interests of foreign, mainly German, bondholders – why? Guido was once a bond trader, it was always understood that sometimes the bond issuer defaults. That is the risk investors take.

So why is Dublin’s political establishment so keen to protect foreign investors at the expense of future generations? Guido has obtained the list of foreign Anglo-Irish bondholders as at the close of business tonight. These are the people whom Dublin’s politicians really seem to care about.

Between them they hold Anglo-Irish bonds with a face-value of €4,034,756,880. Shouldn’t they take the hit rather than future generations of Irish taxpayers? Capitalism is a system of profit and loss, they took the risk of investing in Anglo-Irish Bank. Is the Irish government under pressure from the European Central Bank in Frankfurt to protect German investors? Click here to read http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user5/imageroot/shirakawa/Goldman%20Sachs%20AIB.jpg

Among those being favored at the expense of the Irish people, those that took the risk are (among others) The Rothschilds and Goldman Sachs!

The people of Ireland, unlike those in the USA, will not take this lightly. Last Saturday a hastily put together protest rally started with 10,000 people, and then swelled to roughly 150,000. An oft heard complaint at the rally was "What hurts me the most is why is the taxpayer paying for the IMF. Why are we bailing out the banks? These are the people who took the risk, let them take the hurt, let them feel the hurt."

Of course the Bailout Mafia doesn’t give a damn; it just wants its 100% risk less “investment” funds back. “To hell with sovereignty; to hell with ‘risk;’ to hell with democracy; to hell with the taxpayer; we just want our money back. You can’t expect us to lose even one cent – can you?”

Instead, the people of Ireland should tell the Bailout Mafia to go hell like the people of Iceland did. In Bloomberg we read “Iceland’s President Olafur R. Grimsson said his country is better off than Ireland thanks to the government’s decision to allow the banks to fail two years ago and because the krona could be devalued.

“The difference is that in Iceland we allowed the banks to fail,” Grimsson said in an interview with Bloomberg Television’s Mark Barton today. “These were private banks and we didn’t pump money into them in order to keep them going; the state did not shoulder the responsibility of the failed private banks.”

“How far can we ask ordinary people -- farmers and fishermen and teachers and doctors and nurses -- to shoulder the responsibility of failed private banks,” said Grimsson. “That question, which has been at the core of the Icesave issue, will now be the burning issue in many European countries.”

Trade well and follow the trend, not the so-called “experts.”

Behold the age of infinite moral hazard! On April 2nd, 2009 CONgress forced FASB to suspend rule 157 in favor of deceitful accounting for the TBTF banksters.

Larry Levin

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #97672
Ignore TheRumpledOne
11/29/2010 2:42:41 PM

Are Stocks a Sucker's Bet?: Opinion

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Are-Stocks-a-Suckers-Bet-tsmf-3288136075.html?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=8&asset=&ccode=

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #97679
Ignore TheRumpledOne
11/30/2010 8:44:39 AM

IN MY INBOX:

Bailout Mafia - Part II

After my recent post of just who are screwing the Irish people via the so-called “bailout” that include; UK banksters, German banksters, US banksters (including Goldman Sachs of course), French banksters and the Rothschild family among others (the Bailout Mafia), we have more news.

The aforementioned banking scum have “negotiated” (read: demanded/threatened) that any talk of bondholders taking any loss whatsoever be removed from the “agreement” and in the general talk at the IMF and ECB. Prior to today German Chancellor Angela Merkel had promised her people and the world that they would indeed lose a portion of their gambling – but no longer.

In November The Telegraph reported, “Bondholders will discover burden-sharing. Debt relief will be enforced, either by interest holidays or haircuts on the value of the bonds. Investors will pay the price for failing to grasp the mechanical and obvious point that currency unions do not eliminate risk: they switch it from exchange risk to default risk…
“We must keep in mind the feelings of our people, who have a justified desire to see that private investors are also on the hook, and not just taxpayers,” said German Chancellor Angela Merkel.”
Today Olli Rehn, who is the current European Commissioner for Economic & Financial Affairs and ostensibly the new overlord of Ireland said: NO. There will be NO haircuts on any of the funds going to the banksters!

In an interview with RTÉ News, Commissioner Rehn said he did not want to involve himself in democratic politics in Ireland but he did by warning “They are key parts of the programme so I would not advise re-opening these.” In other words, Mr. Rehn is now telling the people of Ireland to not install a new government and NOT do what is best for them, but listen to him --- an unelected political hack from the European Commission. Are you kidding me?

What are the “key parts” of the program that Olli doesn’t want renegotiated? Hmm, let me take a guess: pension money. From what I can discern from the so-called agreement, the country of Ireland is being forced to put up the private pension funds of its private citizens to make FOREIGN banksters whole on their own bad investments.

Moreover, this proclamation also warned that any other European country in need of a bailout will also be looted – in total – of its entire private pension funds in favor of the banking scum elite. Once the actual cash is all in the pockets of the Goldman Sachs’ of the world, the self-imposed Euro rulers will allow individual countries in 2013 – ONLY THEN – to default on its debt if needed.

Why would the self-imposed Euro rulers make such a statement? My only guess is that they believe by 2013 the banking elite will have literally stolen all of the assets of these countries that are worth stealing.

I say “self-imposed Euro rulers” for a reason: unelected hacks in Brussels are now telling SOVEREIGN NATIONS what to do. Please watch the following where politician Nigel Farage asks, “Just who the hell do you people think you are?”

click here to watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gm9q8uabTs

In the end Mr. Farage says “But it’s even more serious than economics, because if you rob people of their identity, if you rob them of their democracy, then all they are left with is nationalism and violence. I can only hope and pray that the euro project is destroyed by the markets before that.”

If the government/banking Kleptocracy continues in this fashion, Mr. Farage will be correct: nationalism and violence will reign. Someone MUST tell the banksters to go to hell and eat their own cooking, rather than allowing them to steal from the citizenry of multiple nations.

Let’s be honest folks – the laws of finance do not stop at the shores of the United States. The USA is as insolvent as any industrialized nation out there, except we have the world’s reserve currency, which allows our Ponzi scheme to continue the longest. The day of reckoning, however, will come. It must.

The Madness of a Lost Society shows how people react to save a few bucks. Can you imagine what would happen if the Ireland situation occurred here; if pensions were stolen to hand to the banksters; when the action of the banksters (including those running central banks) runs inflation into double digit territory?

Hopefully Skating with the (b-list) Stars is popular by then. Bread & Circuses, baby!

Watch This:[ “…blind, wonton, stupidity…”] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOshw4kIGR4

Behold the age of infinite moral hazard! On April 2nd, 2009 CONgress forced FASB to suspend rule 157 in favor of deceitful accounting for the TBTF banksters.

Larry Levin

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #97977
Ignore Eman93
12/12/2010 2:51:05 PM

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #97979
Ignore Eman93
12/12/2010 3:46:17 PM

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #98018
Ignore karennma
12/15/2010 11:41:44 PM

Eman93
msg #97977
- Eman93 12/12/2010 2:51:05 PM
The Rothchilds Exposed
====================

Thanks for the video, Eman.
If you guys don't have Gold or Silver .... you're screwed.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #98155
Ignore TheRumpledOne
12/22/2010 8:29:16 AM

In my inbox today:

Mega-POMO Day 2

Yesterday I said “Monday’s ‘action’ contained a very slow early decline followed by an equally slow, but longer, rally. The volume was very low and the total range wasn’t even ten points.

“What was interesting, however, is the fact that the Federal Reserve’s market manipulation via POMO is in overdrive: there were two POMO operations Monday and will be two more Tuesday. Outside of that, there was no real news to discuss.”

Today was quite similar in that the markets were DEAD. Volume is abysmally low; however, this is to be expected the week leading into Christmas. The markets are closed this Friday so, with bonuses in hand; the banksters have taken the week off.

Legalized theft (thanks to Congress) is apparently tiresome, thus the need for an entire week off. OK, let’s make that 2-weeks off. Surely after spending time with the family in the Hamptons before Christmas, the bankster’s mistresses will need a little lovin’ in New York City before New Year’s Day. Ah yes, all is well in the world of the thieving bankster class – the Kings of the Kleptocrats.

Of course Congress should only receive some of the praise for allowing the banksters to live so well (and no indictments), the majority of the praise should be heaped upon the Federal Reserve Bank in general, and Ben Shalom Bernanke in particular. With QE1 we know that the FRBNY bought over $1 TRILLION of junk loans (MBS, etc) from the banksters – indirect bailouts if you like. POMO is now buying $300-billion of Treasuries from the poor banksters, you know, just in case they need to free up some capital in order to keep bidding up AAPL and AMZN among many others.

The newly started QE2 program is working to pump another $600-billion to the same banksters who are trying to illegally foreclose homes on those that bailed them out all across the country. QE2 is buying more Treasuries from the poor banksters, you know, just in case they need to free up some capital in order to keep bidding up AAPL and AMZN among many others.

To keep the out-in-the-open rigged Ponzi scheme running at full tilt, the Fed conducted two POMO operations Monday and two more today. Once the results of Tuesday’s second POMO operation were released, we found out that the US Federal Reserve Bank now owns more US government debt than any country in the world – including China – which is more than $1-TRILLION. Oh, and that doesn’t include the $1,000,000,000,000.00+ garbage loans the banksters offloaded to the Fed during QE1.

But don’t worry folks; Zimbabwe-Ben said that he is 100% certain that he can keep this under control. The problem for me though is this: Helicopter-Ben has not been right about anything yet! Like Greenspan, he did not see a Nasdaq bubble in 2000; he did not see a housing bubble; he did not see Lehman or Bear Sterns as massively over leveraged; he did not see the 2008 crash in advance.

He is a collegiate Ivory Tower egghead with no real world experience – a perfect central bankster, I guess.

Thank goodness this time he’s “100% certain” that he won’t be wrong. I guess all of the other times he was only 99% certain.

His hubris will soon be legendary.

Larry Levin

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #98227
Ignore TheRumpledOne
12/27/2010 9:07:27 AM

IN MY INBOX TODAY:

Sleep Holiday Part II

The “sleepy holiday” theme in the market continued last Thursday and traded as if it had been a half day. Although it was a full day indeed, the total range in the mini-SP was just 5-points. The market was closed Friday.

The “sleepy holiday” will certainly continue this week. Friday the 31st is New Year’s Eve and many traders will take several days off, if not the whole week. Currencies, interest rate products, and many commodities will close early Friday; however, stocks will have a regular close.

The market’s volume had been amazingly low going into this holiday period, as I have mentioned often, but now it is even lower. I have also said that that is an indication of a potential turning point moment – but the market continues to rally. Moreover, retail investors have withdrawn money from equities for more than 30 consecutive weeks – but the market continues to rally.

Here are a few thoughts from a man whose job it is to watch the buyers and sellers…and even he does not have an answer to the gravity defying ascent of equities (other than money going into ETFs).

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1707879407&play=1

Following that appearance on CNBC, Mr. Biderman posted this postscript…

Due to time constraints, what I didn’t get to address on CNBC today is what will happen after the Fed is either successful or not successful with QE2. The Fed is rigging the market by digitally creating money that is used to buy financial institutions assets — currently Treasuries, last year all kinds of toxic waste. What will happen when the Fed stops buying assets?

What the Fed is hoping is that QE2 actually works and the economy starts growing at 3+%. If that happens, unlikely as it is, then the Fed will end its QE activities. But for the stock market, if the only source of buying power, the Fed, withdraws its support, the market is likely to plunge to well below fair value. At that point perhaps some new source of money, i.e., China, et al will be able to buy US assets on the cheap.

The Fed is legally mandated to manage the economy, not the stock market. If the Fed’s QE is successful and the trickle down impact of higher equities creates a sustainable recovery, the Fed will gladly sacrifice the stock market to its legal mandate to manage the economy.

A more likely outcome is that while stocks will be higher by the end of QE2, economic growth will not be sustainable without government aid. That would then require additional QE. Stock prices could then keep rising for a while. At some unknowable now moment in time, unless the economy starts to grow again, no amount of QE can work forever in keeping the current stock market bubble from bursting.

Larry Levin

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · POLITICS GOES HERE<< 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 75 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.