StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · POLL: Do U use Facebook?<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
karennma
8,057 posts
msg #142803
Ignore karennma
3/19/2018 12:39:17 PM

Is FB dying?
(Remember MySpace"?)

SAFeTRADE
630 posts
msg #142806
Ignore SAFeTRADE
3/19/2018 1:23:17 PM

Never have been on F***Book, never had cable tv nor sat. Old School antenna all my life.
microsoft,facebook,yahoo,google,youtube,skype,aol,apple are surveillance platforms
run by DEEP State,CIA,NSA always have always will be. People turn over EVERYTHING
about their life. Email,chat,videos,photos,stored data, file transfers, online social
networking details per Snowden.

In 2013, the Washington Post and The Guardian revealed that the NSA has backdoor access to all major Silicon Valley social media firms, including Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Facebook, PalTalk, AOL, Skype, YouTube, and Apple - all through the notorious PRISM program which began in 2007 under the Protect America Act. PRISM's existence was leaked by Edward Snowden before he entered into ongoing asylum in Moscow. Microsoft was the first company to join the PRISM program.

Use all of these at your own peril. My two cents and it is my 2 cents.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #142808
Ignore karennma
3/19/2018 1:49:26 PM

Hmmmm. did you know this?
This is in today's news - but it's not the first time.

https://www.aol.com/article/finance/2018/03/19/facebook-stock-down-cambridge-analytica-enormous-data-breach/23389582/

olathegolf
119 posts
msg #142811
Ignore olathegolf
3/19/2018 8:57:42 PM

6 years old:
https://www.wired.com/2012/03/ff-nsadatacenter/

Wiki Today:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_Data_Center

I don't actively use FB.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #142828
Ignore karennma
3/20/2018 4:39:44 PM

Okay.
Well, at least I understand their business model now (how they make money).

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #142831
Ignore karennma
3/20/2018 7:37:26 PM

All this political stuff is messing up the markets.
Most of the stocks I'm holding are up against a wall (resistance) except a few.
Sad to see so much jealousy and corruption has taken over politics.
Deep state politicians don't give a d#))%$ about Making America Great Again..

SAFeTRADE
630 posts
msg #142833
Ignore SAFeTRADE
3/20/2018 11:22:55 PM

The point is everyone is being surveilled. Facebook, Google, youtube, twitter you know the list
too many to list. They vacuum everything about a person's life into large databases. Some of
it to make money as we are the product they are selling. We give all this info voluntarily.
Some for nefarious reasons. Include cameras at most red lights and intersections buildings
and places you can't see, what are those for? We have become nothing but data points, to
be collected sorted and filed. I do not think any of this is harmless. Add to this the social
score coming out of China I think any thinking person can see where this is heading. We are
heading down the slippery slope and there is no return. Next step in this long march is
removal of all firearms and methods of self defense. I am not talking self defense from a
burglar robber etc. I am talking GOVERNMENT. Free Speech is also being slowly but
surely curtailed. Where will all this end?

Mactheriverrat
3,137 posts
msg #142836
Ignore Mactheriverrat
3/20/2018 11:39:08 PM

Facebook - Yes I'm on it but its just a big waste of a time killer.

IMHO!

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #142838
Ignore karennma
3/21/2018 8:09:42 AM

@ Safetrade,
Re: "Add to this the social score coming out of China I think any thinking person can see where this is heading. "

"Social score"? .. Uh?

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #142839
Ignore karennma
modified
3/21/2018 8:18:40 AM

When I post my POLLS ("Do you subscribe to NFLX", "Do you use FB"), I'm looking at these stocks from an investment point of view.

@ Mac,
FB has 2 billion users. That's a lot of people.
I just didn't know how FB made money. Now I do (surreptitiously).
Nevertheless, I'm worried about the stock market.
I hope it doesn't crash.

Trump hiring Larry Kudlow was a very bullish sign.
EDIT:
Scrolling thru some stocks, I'm just looking at a bunch of triple tops.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · POLL: Do U use Facebook?<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.