StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · POST YOUR LIVE TRADES HERE!!<< 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 ... 162 >>Post Follow-up
ctrout
122 posts
msg #62603
Ignore ctrout
modified
5/14/2008 2:55:51 PM

Out Mon +3%
Out Syt + 3%
Out DRYS + 5%
Out TBSI + 1%
Out PRGN + 5%
Out ALEX + 2%
Out YGE + 16%
Out TAN + 8%
Out SPWR + 6%
Out TSL + 8%
Out LDK + 5%
Out EIX + 1.5%

I will look for pullbacks on the shippers and solars.
I think this is the year of the solar so I will not sell the solars in the IRA
Loaded up on China small caps the other day in the IRA. Will hold to the Olympics risking 50K.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #62604
Ignore nikoschopen
5/14/2008 3:05:04 PM

You can find my own rationale for the imminent plunge at S&P Intraday thread.

ctrout
122 posts
msg #62605
Ignore ctrout
modified
5/14/2008 3:13:30 PM

Bot some more $RUT puts

Sold SOLF plus 8%
Sold XRT Calls plus 12%

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #62606
Ignore nikoschopen
5/14/2008 3:19:53 PM

Quote from ctrout:

I will look for pullbacks on the shippers and solars.
I think this is the year of the solar so I will not sell the solars in the IRA

I beg to differ and here's why. The solar sector (as well as alt energy) closely reflects the changes in oil prices. It can only go up when oil prices rises and vice versa. Well, take a look at the following chart.

5-Year Crude Oil Futures Weekly Chart

ctrout
122 posts
msg #62609
Ignore ctrout
modified
5/14/2008 5:32:32 PM

Niko:

IMO, the solars except for FSLR and CSIQ did not participate to the extent that OIH has in the most recent run. It is hard for me to accept a "Dirty" commodity comparison with the "Green" movement. The reason for keeping the solars is that this is a long term play in the IRA. The U.S. and world must do something to cut back on fossil fuels.

Most every chart has a pattern of Higher Highs and Higher lows, since the solar meltdown finished in mid March or so. Also, most earnings are beating estimates.

I think it is fair to assume that solar will be put up on the center stage of the Green movement as Ethanol is probably pushing food prices up to fast. In California, there is legislation being put thru the assembly that may require power companies to buy the excess energy created by solar panels on residences this could create much more demand. California usually leads the nation in social awareness regarding the Green movement. If passed, solar could be on the move. IMO, It is just a matter of when.

The new ETF - TAN is a good play on this. It feels like the next great bubble to me and it is lowish right now. Kinda of like Gold etc. was in 2004. Sure more capacity will force prices down but if the hype takes hold we are off to the races.

I will buy the Nuclear ETF NLR at some point too.

By the way I own CSIQ but not FSLR (they are in the ETF though)

BTW, I sincerely hope there is a market meltdown as my Russel and Nasdaq and OIH puts would greatly benefit. (and I have many more of these.)

I do appreciate your input though.

C Trout

ctrout
122 posts
msg #62610
Ignore ctrout
modified
5/14/2008 5:55:04 PM

JP:

If you have any long term play that you are initiating, please post them.
It would be wonderful if you could label as long term.

Short Term swing buys today are

ADM
ASF
HAR
ODP
PNK
WX
YHOO (Covered May Call)
GE (after hours will do a covered Call in the AM)

13th_floor
724 posts
msg #62612
Ignore 13th_floor
5/14/2008 6:04:32 PM

JP and ctrout,

Impressive day for you guys.
Nice job.

ctrout
122 posts
msg #62613
Ignore ctrout
5/14/2008 6:07:34 PM

13th:

Thanks. Had some other day trades too but too much to post. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every so often. LOL

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #62620
Ignore johnpaulca
5/14/2008 8:07:59 PM

Thanks 13th....Trout I will post some longs when I find them, I trade lightly during the summer because of my work...I am a soil Chemist.

ctrout
122 posts
msg #62622
Ignore ctrout
5/14/2008 10:40:25 PM

JP:

Working in the summer is probably better than trading. How does that saying go?
"Sell in May and go away" (well maybe short)

FYI, I am a mortgage broker....one of the good guys though. I'm getting a kick out of the Banks taking it on the chin. You wouldn't believe the crap they were selling and trying to get us to sell. I wouldn't sell it.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · POST YOUR LIVE TRADES HERE!!<< 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 ... 162 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.