StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Please Help me understand ...<< >>Post Follow-up
karennma
8,057 posts
msg #77801
Ignore karennma
modified
8/21/2009 12:03:52 PM

HOW did the TARP money help the U.S. economy?
I realize the money helped pump up G/S, the banks and the overall market. That's great!
But HOW did it help the US economy?
How did it help the people who lost their jobs? and ... the people who've lost their homes ... the people who can't buy homes.
Is there a such thing as a jobless recovery??? .. when 16% of Americans are on unemployment and foodstamps???
Retail sales are down, but the market is up.So, is this a "new" kind of recovery. People are hoarding their money instead of spending it, ... so we're "in recovery"????

I don't understand what's going on.

(But thanks to M4M, I realize, if you're trading, none of the above matters. Gotta go with the flow .. right? But I'm still confused.)

heypa
283 posts
msg #77825
Ignore heypa
8/22/2009 2:01:13 AM

It's different this time.

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #77828
Ignore chetron
8/22/2009 8:46:24 AM

ROFLMAO = D

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #77829
Ignore johnpaulca
8/22/2009 4:54:05 PM

Check out Gerald Celente take on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNiAAiSMu9Y

trendscanner
265 posts
msg #77870
Ignore trendscanner
8/23/2009 9:08:48 PM

Nice link and interview. The US has been an oligarchy for a long time. Our financial system is based on crony capitalism. Sort of mind boggling to see the robbing of the American working class by the banksters being carried out so transparently. The fact that no one did anything to stop it shows clearly that it's impossible to stop it. The Federal government's mission is to protect the wealthy no matter what burden is placed on the taxpayer.

Obama is just as tight with the GS group as the Bushies were. There's been no change, just business as usual. It's simply a continuation of the 1% of the country that controls 50% of the wealth getting what they want and need. This is nothing new. If I was in the top 1%, I'd probably be doing the same thing. Read a few books, such as "Wealth in America", by Kevin Phillips. The information is all out there. Most people just don't want to know.

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #77875
Ignore Eman93
8/23/2009 10:54:21 PM

less than 1% control 90% of the wealth.......

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Please Help me understand ...<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.