StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Question about maximum days look back<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #118043
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
2/5/2014 8:49:48 AM

stockfetcher
809 posts
msg #117911

1/27/2014 10:15:11 AM

Additionally, we are sorry that you have seen and experienced such poor support at StockFetcher. As a founder of StockFetcher, I can say, without any hesitation, we have always worked hard to respond in a timely, complete and honest manner. We pride ourselves on the support we provide.

Tom
StockFetcher Support

OK, answer this - in reviewing this request, which was a very simple question about the look-back limits for different functions posted almost three months ago, have you responded in a timely, complete, or honest manner? I certainly don't think you have.

What I don't understand is how requests can go ignored until you are called out on it in public, then somehow you can respond almost immediately to defend yourself. Why not just answer the initial request with the same speed?

You could have simply said - ROC = 100 days, Count = 100 days ... but instead you don't even bother until you are prodded into responding, and then it still does not answer the question.

I'd like to see all of these functions handle the same amount of historical data, obviously, but I doubt you'll actually do anything to address this. Just ignore people like me - we'll eventually go away.

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #118045
2/5/2014 9:04:11 AM

We apologize for not fully addressing your original request and are sorry if you are feeling ignored.

We were side-tracked by the overall request of "extending" the period (or look-back) for the measures and neglected to address each item in the original message.

Here goes!

Right now it looks like the MaxDD() function can look back at least 252 days. Why are other more common functions like ROC() limited to what seems to be only 100 days?

This was addressed in a follow-on post concerning our methods of determining "cost" for a measure.

What is the max look back for the following?

MaxDD()
Cstddev()
CMA()
ROC()
count()
sum()
Relative strength()

MaxDD() - no specified limit
Cstddev() - 100 days
CMA() - 400 days
ROC() - 100 days
count() - 100 days
sum() - 100 days
Relative Strength() - Are you referring to "Comparitive Relative Strength", if so, that is 100 days

Can you fill in the blanks here?
See above

If two commands are used in a single user-defined variable but do not take the same look back input it can cause weird results. How about extending the max look back days on all functions to something at least 252 days (preferably longer, but this is one trading year and for several risk/reward metrics this length is important).

Our follow-on responses addressed our intent to investigate this request further

Hope we got 'em all! If not, we apologize in advance, but be sure to let us know what we missed!

Thanks!
StockFetcher Support

four
5,087 posts
msg #118046
Ignore four
modified
2/5/2014 9:16:15 AM

StockFetcher please add/update the following information to each appropriate page in the Indicator list
... http://www.stockfetcher.com/forums/Indicators

MaxDD() - no specified limit
Cstddev() - 100 days
CMA() - 400 days
ROC() - 100 days
count() - 100 days
sum() - 100 days
Relative Strength() - Are you referring to "Comparitive Relative Strength", if so, that is 100 days

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #118047
2/5/2014 9:31:09 AM

I just realized we didn't answer your questions about our support and whether we feel we have addressed your questions in a timely, complete and honest manner.

Yes, I believe we have. In this thread, we did get side-tracked by the final question in your original post. We felt that this was the overriding request, and the other questions were overlooked. We are sorry about that, it was not intentional.

Concerning the speed of our responses, it appears you are correct that it took us 4-days to respond (albeit incompletely) to your original request. In our defense, your original message was posted at 9:20PM on a Friday evening before the start of what is a holiday week for us. However, our response was shortly after your reminder on the following Tuesday. (We do appreciate the polite reminders!)

For each follow-on request made, we responded within 24-hours (often within a few minutes.) If that is ignoring, we apologize. If possible, outside of immediately implementing each request (as we can't possibly do that) what can we do to provide a more satisfying support environment for you?

As we have suggested in the past, we recommend direct email (support@stockfetcher.com) as often this has less chance of being missed. As clearly illustrated by this experience, a forum message can be overlooked now and again.

Thank you!

Tom
StockFetcher Support

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #118048
2/5/2014 9:39:41 AM

@four: With the exception of MaxDD() and CSTDDEV() which do not have help topics in that section *yet*, this has now been done.

StockFetcher Support

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Question about maximum days look back<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.