StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Question for Mr. Rumple<< >>Post Follow-up
AdamW328
84 posts
msg #59056
Ignore AdamW328
1/17/2008 8:25:16 AM

How is it going Rumple?

Just wanted to know where on SF I can find a complete explanation on how to use both your zoom lens and warm pop filters. As always, your help is appreciated. Thanks!

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #59085
Ignore TheRumpledOne
1/17/2008 10:39:38 PM

Use my filters?

All you do is run ANY filter and it selects stocks based on your selection criteria.

Then you TRADE the stocks. That means buying when you think the time is "right". You exit according to you stops, profit targets, money management, etc...

It is that simple.

There is no MAGIC FILTER that you run, buy every stock it selects and then money falls in your lap. YOU HAVE TO TRADE!!

I don't even use SF to select stocks. I use SF to run statistics on the same stocks. I want to know when something has changed.

WARM POP is something that Riggs wrote using my code.

AdamW328
84 posts
msg #59262
Ignore AdamW328
1/23/2008 10:43:19 AM

Thank you for the reply Rumple. I apologize for not responding sooner, I have just been extremely busy. I do not trade the results with any of the filters here on stockfetcher. I apply the filters to watchlists I have created with stocks that I have thoroughly researched and I know are fundamentally sound. Once I run a filter and it hits a stock on my watchlist I look to make an entry.

With that said, I am just trying to get an understanding of what the zoom lens and warm-pop filters are displaying from a technical perspective.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #59263
Ignore TheRumpledOne
1/23/2008 11:59:16 AM

The Zoom Lens Filter I wrote uses different periods for NORMALIZATION.

The Zoom Lens plots daily AND weekly data on the same chart!

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Question for Mr. Rumple<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.