StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Question for Stockfetcher folks<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
SAFeTRADE
630 posts
msg #117269
Ignore SAFeTRADE
12/6/2013 4:35:54 PM

We are getting closer. However the 20 day high does not change as we move back in time. The low_day is correct
as we move back. The 20 day high stays current. Is there a way to address that. In other words can it pick
up the previous 20 day high and the one before that as we move back in time?

Clarence

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #117270
12/6/2013 4:42:32 PM

If possible, can you provide more details concerning the "moving back" issue? Are you referring to the "date offset" command?

StockFetcher Support

SAFeTRADE
630 posts
msg #117271
Ignore SAFeTRADE
12/6/2013 4:42:46 PM

Can we get it to follow the 20 day high as it unfolds on the following chart. I hope this is a little more understandable.
Picture is worth a thousand words someone said.

Clarence

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #117272
12/6/2013 4:51:38 PM

The prior example was intended to show the current values as lines on the chart. The example below may provide a closer match to the chart you are interested in:

Fetcher[
set{var_ago, days(high reached a new 20 day high,10)}
set{low_day, var_ago +3}
set{my_low_price, VarOffset(low, low_day)}
apply to symlist(spy)
and draw my_low_price on plot price
and draw high 20 day high
]

StockFetcher Support

SAFeTRADE
630 posts
msg #117273
Ignore SAFeTRADE
12/6/2013 6:33:08 PM

Thank you Stockfetcher, I believe that hits the spot. If I have any more questions, I will give a holler.

Clarence

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #117276
Ignore alf44
12/6/2013 11:40:21 PM

"Clarence" ...

WHAT ... do you have up yur sleeve ?

---

Hmmm ...

SAFeTRADE
630 posts
msg #117279
Ignore SAFeTRADE
modified
12/7/2013 4:00:44 PM

ALF44, This is what I have been working on with a lot of help from the Stockfetcher folks. It is based on

your Three-Bar Net Line idea. Not sure if it can be successfully coded from our side of the screen.

But, this is my best shot at it to date. I have tried to incorporate inside days as the rules state, however

because I don't have the advanced subscription I can't run it with the filter for said inside days. The first

five (5) lines of code or for checking for inside days. Anywho my....longwinded BACK door version of

what you were asking for in your post. DID....not want ...er...to post it on YOUR forum ... SOOOOO

started a new ONE. I think I will leave this one alone for a while. I like what Stockfetcher did with the

code, will try to use it with some of my own stuff..... The code follows I think......

Three-Bar Net Line : at least as I am able to code it......

Fetcher[set{IDhi, count(High below High 1 day ago, 1)}
set{IDlo, count(Low above Low 1 day ago, 1)}
set{ID, IDhi * IDlo}
set{id5, count(id > 0,5)}
set{id5_var, id5 + 3}

set{var_ago, days(high reached a new 4 day high,10)}
set{low_day, var_ago + id5_var}
set{my_low_price, VarOffset(low, low_day)}
apply to symlist(spy)
and draw my_low_price on plot price
and draw high 4 day high
set{sell, count(low crossed below my_low_price,1)}
set{buy, count(close crossed above high 3 days ago,1)}
draw sell on plot buy

]

You ummm.....MIGHT find some of ....errr.... the code as FAMILIAR. You know what they say...........

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Don't hate EMULATE!!!!!!!

tomriddle
2 posts
msg #132462
Ignore tomriddle
11/11/2016 9:04:16 AM

Hi all,

I have been trying to find help to program this in SF:

"After a stock hit a 250-day high, it shall not correct more than 25% from its high."

I have been searching thru the forum and found this post. Can you help me to check if there is anything wrong with the following code:

set{x1, Count(high at 250 day high,250)
set{x2, Donchian Lower Band(x1,0)}
set{x3, x2 / Donchian Upper Band(250,0)}
x3 > 0.8

I tried to use VarOffset but cannot find a way to get it done. Any idea?

mahkoh
1,065 posts
msg #132471
Ignore mahkoh
11/11/2016 2:52:40 PM

Your first line misses a closing " } "

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Question for Stockfetcher folks<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.