StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Question for the RumpledOne<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
alf44
2,025 posts
msg #45099
Ignore alf44
modified
6/18/2006 9:59:49 PM

...I honestly don't even know where to begin !

PeterJerome
23 posts
msg #45103
Ignore PeterJerome
6/19/2006 12:58:21 AM

Somebody mentioned HANS, one of my favorites, which I trade EOD.
Since 5/16/05, using a simple MACD system;
enter when %K > %D, sell when %K < %D, generated 11 closed trades.
8 winners, 3 losers. Net ROI = 155%. Only 1 MM stop used on the 9/30/05 trade.

HANS had only a single occurrence of RSI(2)<1 between 5/17/05 to present.
You gotta match the indicator(s) to the market...
Oscillators just don't work in a trending market.(IMHO)

PeterJerome

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #45101
Ignore alf44
modified
6/19/2006 1:22:15 AM

...FWIW...this "RSI(2) Holy Grail myth BS" that has been "ESPOUSED" here...has gone on...JUST ABOUT LONG ENOUGH !!! imo

---------------------------

I use a "Short-Term Momentum Indicator" also...as (an integral) PART...of my analysis !!!

...an ROC(2) !!!

I'll explain MORE about this special SIMPLE indicator if anyone cares !

---------------------------

PEOPLE...THINK !!!

THINK...about what a specific indicator is actually "measuring" !!!

THERE IS NO MAGIC IN RSI(2) BELOW...ONE...!!!

COME ON !!!

THINK !!!

THINK !!!

THINK !!!

Regards,

alf44

ashraf999
33 posts
msg #45106
Ignore ashraf999
6/19/2006 3:17:47 AM

alf44,

I don't see anything laughable here. RSI(2) is just another indicator that some traders use. The same applies to you regarding your indicator. We are here to mainly learn from each other and test each other's filters and methods.

Be open minded..and THINK like a scientist.

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #45115
Ignore alf44
6/19/2006 10:57:41 AM

"Be open minded..and THINK like a scientist"

-----------------------

Good advice !

I was prolly out of line with my remarks !

Regards,

alf44

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Question for the RumpledOne<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.