StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Quick question - help please<< >>Post Follow-up
abbabb1tt
18 posts
msg #41978
Ignore abbabb1tt
3/13/2006 11:52:31 AM

Anyone know if it's possible to create a screen mimicing the 'Little Book that Beats the Market'? In the back of the book, he gives the criteria for creating the screen, but I can't seem to get the same results (as he posts on magicformulainvesting.com) when I try. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you can come up with the filter, that would be great too. Thanks in advance. I would also welcome a pointer to another site where this filter can be created, if it is not possible on Stockfetcher. Thanks again.

Koronbock
201 posts
msg #41979
Ignore Koronbock
3/13/2006 12:00:42 PM

Post the criteria / conditions and someone will help you.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #41991
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
3/13/2006 7:47:10 PM

Been surfing the net, can't find the formula.

You can use:

http://www.smallcapcenter.com/tools_FinancialSearch.asp?page=FINANCIALSEARCH_IN.ASP

for fundamental searches.

It's free to register and you can save your search criteria.

HTH.

abbabb1tt
18 posts
msg #41995
Ignore abbabb1tt
3/13/2006 10:37:19 PM

Here you go:

Remove all utilites, foreign companies and financial companies (banks, etc.)
Minimum Return on Capital (pre-tax) of at least 25%
Minimum Pre-tax earnings yield of at least 10%

That's all he looks for. Companies that make a lot of cash for each dollar invested (Return on Capital) and whose stock price is discounted (Earnings Yield above 10%).

Let me know if you can do this on Stockfetcher. Thanks, guys!

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Quick question - help please<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.