StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · REAL TIME STOCK FETCHER<< >>Post Follow-up
jayapaul
3 posts
msg #77955
Ignore jayapaul
8/25/2009 4:37:52 PM

Hello everyone...

I'm just wondering if there are any tools like Stock Fetcher that can provide same functionality as SF in real time.

Thanks

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #77958
Ignore Eman93
8/25/2009 5:38:08 PM

Only if you work at GS............

I can speak to wealth lab...........you can run real time alerts but you PC is downloading the bars and doing the calcs...

I had a watch list of 30 to 40 stocks trying to run it on a 1 min bar.....locked up every time.

You can see SF gets slow running scans in the cloud just using 15min or EOD data......realtime you would need GS money, for any custom stuff. we can build here.

jayapaul
3 posts
msg #77962
Ignore jayapaul
8/25/2009 7:43:44 PM

Thanks for responding Eman...

All I'm looking is for data based on my calculations. Lets say example
Relative Volume = Today's volume at a particular time / average volume(30)

But I do have other calculations based purely on volume and price action and I do not use any indicators/charts real time.
Its like saying I'm creating my own custom indicator based on multiple columns(calculated purely from Price, Volume and highs, lows etc...) and nothing to do with charts or indicators.

PS : I have looked into Finviz, e-signal, Ninja Trader etc...But they only provide data and columns in real time with pre-defined columns. All I'm looking for is to customize my columns and add columns based on my calculations ...

Appreciate your response...

klynn55
747 posts
msg #77970
Ignore klynn55
8/25/2009 9:54:00 PM

take a look at strategy desk , ameritrade, it's slow though, scan can do up to 3000 items. columns , scans can be adapted.

clifaddi
1 posts
msg #78376
Ignore clifaddi
8/31/2009 4:13:17 PM

I have used Trade-Ideas for a couple of years for real time alerts. Very fast as all computations are on the server. They have a website at www.trade-ideas.com. Great for intraday, I like SF for EOD.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · REAL TIME STOCK FETCHER<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.