StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Realtime Gap Scan<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
felix
2 posts
msg #99736
Ignore felix
3/17/2011 3:25:45 PM

I would pay extra for real time scanning especially for premarket activity

taylorsk
106 posts
msg #99741
Ignore taylorsk
3/17/2011 4:33:13 PM

I trade gaps and that is all at this point....

Many traders suggest a new trader start with one stock.Well I would tend to agree, thoug I have expanded that to now be one "type" of stock...and I only make one "type" of trade.

for type of stock I want stocks that have large intra day ranges

Fetcher[
volume above 1000000
and Average Volume(30)is above 1000000
and the average day range(20) is above 4.5%
close is between 25 and 150
add column average day range(20)
add column high
add column low
sort column 1
]

i build a watchlist every weekend based on stocks that fit this scan the previous 5 days.

for type of trade I like the Scott Andrews Mastering the Gap "Heat Gap"
the daily set up looks like this.

Fetcher[
close is more than 2% above high 1 day ago
close is above the open today
low today is below high 1 day ago
]

I apply this to my 4.5% average day range watchlist above.

on stocks that trigger I look to
go short on any gap up. go long on any gap down unsing TRO's buy zone.

best trade is going long on any gap down that is close to high 2 days ago....
exit once the gap fils or the ema of your chice turns up.

THis method works for me. I like that I tend to trade the same stocks on a regular basis...I feel looking at the premarket and not understanding the average day range for me personally would be a bit of a dart throw....

Just my opinion and my method that works for me. There are a thousand ways to skin the cat, you just have to find your way...the way you are most comfortable with and stick to it. Block out all other noise!

taylorsk
106 posts
msg #99754
Ignore taylorsk
3/18/2011 9:51:33 AM

As per my filters

JDSU, FNSR and DANG all showed on my filter today to short any gap up....All 3 triggered for nice profit using TRO buy zone.

duke56468
683 posts
msg #99773
Ignore duke56468
3/18/2011 5:34:33 PM

bkhurana43
msg #99273
- Ignore bkhurana43 2/20/2011 8:41:24 AM

Are we trying to advertise Garsworld on SF?
Mention SF (StockFetcher) on Garsworld and get to notice the reaction of their watchdogs.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

At this point I think the two sites are complementary. JMHO

SAFeTRADE
630 posts
msg #99777
Ignore SAFeTRADE
3/19/2011 10:11:33 AM

taylorsk,

What time of the day do you run your second scan on your watch list.

Safe

taylorsk
106 posts
msg #99778
Ignore taylorsk
3/19/2011 11:18:42 AM

I run the second scan after the close.

As JDSU, DANG and FNSR were stocks that triggered I had the charts open at the open and had orders ready to go when it appeared obvious a gap up was coming. Once the opening price was printed I adjusted the buy zone to the open.

That is what I do each day. If I had those 3 stocks open and they did not gap I would not enter...

Generally I only have 2 or 3 stocks that I am watching each morning.

taylorsk
106 posts
msg #99779
Ignore taylorsk
3/19/2011 11:23:02 AM

Just an FYI.

This week with the volatility I adjusted the Average day Range to 5% and that gave me 18 stocks for my 1st filter to watchlist for this week.

APKT
ARUN
CDE
FTO
GMCR
HOC
JKS
MCP
NOG
NXPI
OAS
OVTI
RBCN
RVBD
SGY
SINA
TSL
TSO
YOKU

These are the stocks I will be looking to pop on the second scan....You can reverse the second scan as well to look for what Scott Andrews calles "Cowboy Gaps". Same as Heat Gaps but to the short side.

Cowboy gaps for monday include RVBD, TSL, APKT and JKS

SAFeTRADE
630 posts
msg #99782
Ignore SAFeTRADE
3/19/2011 3:02:24 PM

Thanks for the info, taylorsk

Safe

taylorsk
106 posts
msg #99783
Ignore taylorsk
3/19/2011 4:14:23 PM

No prob Safetrade.

I should clarify and be sure to give credit where due. The stocks on my weekly list are basically TRO's Milking the Cows...stocks.

Here is how they break down as far as top 5's in the last 40 days...

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #99786
Ignore TheRumpledOne
3/19/2011 7:55:57 PM

Thanks taylorsk.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Realtime Gap Scan<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.