StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Red to Green fetch<< >>Post Follow-up
coinflasher
3 posts
msg #83421
Ignore coinflasher
11/24/2009 11:52:15 AM

I'm looking for a filter that will retrieve symbols that have crossed their open price and are moving positive (red to green cross). Does such a beast exist?

machismo
115 posts
msg #83427
Ignore machismo
11/24/2009 12:58:15 PM

open below close 1 day ago
this will i guess fill the red at open criteria

day change > 1%
this will filter it to ones that open red with first statement, but are now positive for the day

OR

price above close 1 day ago
this will filter it to ones that open red with first statement, but are now have crossed yesterdays close.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #83434
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
11/24/2009 2:06:53 PM

Not for intraday moves, if that is what you are looking for. SF only uses end-of-day data.

Kevin

coinflasher
3 posts
msg #83435
Ignore coinflasher
11/24/2009 2:18:44 PM

>>"SF only uses end of day data"

If I am reading this right, SF is useless for monitoring intraday moves. Is that right?

trendscanner
265 posts
msg #83436
Ignore trendscanner
11/24/2009 2:30:01 PM

SF has intraday data but the data are 15 or 20 min delayed. You could try something like this but it woudn't be real time.

Fetcher[
low below open
price above open
price < 0.5% above open
]

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #83450
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
11/24/2009 4:57:34 PM

If I am reading this right, SF is useless for monitoring intraday moves. Is that right?
+++++++++++

Essentially, yes. If you are interested in day trading, I would suggest looking at other real-time data platforms. However, SF has unique capabilities that others lack for identifying stocks that might be poised for quick moves. Just depends on if you are trying to find them before they move, or after.

coinflasher
3 posts
msg #83451
Ignore coinflasher
11/24/2009 5:28:04 PM

Thanks for all the great info guys.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Red to Green fetch<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.