StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · SCAN PICKS Round-Up<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 >>Post Follow-up
thyname
16 posts
msg #88977
Ignore thyname
3/2/2010 9:17:33 PM

DMObrien: this is very advanced stuff for me. I don't even know what the filters mean. I know I am asking too much, but is there a link with something to explain the logic behind your filters? Maybe an earlier post?

Also, how do you guys (you, Chetron, Kevin etc.) learn this stuff? I am reading the "usage guide" but it is not even close to what you have built here. Thanks!

DMOBRIEN
363 posts
msg #88987
Ignore DMOBRIEN
3/3/2010 2:48:20 AM

Looking for PNX to star moving here

Venice
82 posts
msg #89018
Ignore Venice
3/3/2010 4:06:12 PM

Thyname,

My day job is a programmer, so this was relatively easy to pick up. Just gotta keep trying different things to learn. Start out with a goal and try and code it, asking for help along the way.

DMOBRIEN
363 posts
msg #89054
Ignore DMOBRIEN
3/4/2010 9:16:25 AM

OREX and SBCF keep em on watch

DMOBRIEN
363 posts
msg #89055
Ignore DMOBRIEN
3/4/2010 9:32:51 AM

Venice is right on the mark. Only been here a few months myself, read as much as you can and try to understand what others are trying to accomplish. For example the first filter posted is trying to capture the price rate of change in relation to the internal strength of the stock and then to capture the move of the crossover divergence until strength wanes. The RSI(2) or RSIVAL increases followed by price rate of change(RCVAL) and then look for crossover of the rate of change vs. the rate of change moving average. The lines on price plot are there to track high, mid, and low.

HTH

thyname
16 posts
msg #89105
Ignore thyname
3/4/2010 9:16:22 PM

Thanks DMOBRIEn and Venice for your posts and kind advice. I am new to StockFetcher but not to trading, however, first time I am trying to automatize my trade signals. And yes I admit, I am searching for ideas, in addition to how to program them in StockFetcher. I have build a few, but nothing fancy, simply moving averages and RSI(7). I have read numerous books, but nothing with any concrete help in terms of signals and strategies. Any source you would recommend for me to come up with strategies and signals? Thanks a lot in advance.

DMOBRIEN
363 posts
msg #89295
Ignore DMOBRIEN
3/9/2010 1:53:49 AM

CIGX breaking out here

jrbikes
624 posts
msg #89296
Ignore jrbikes
modified
3/9/2010 2:06:33 AM

LEHMQ, if it breaks .20 on volume, watch out!
WAMUQ blazing! broke the 6 month resistance level, tommorrow will be scary!

oh yeah, look at CDIV and then look at it on Bigcharts, what the heck is going on!

DMOBRIEN
363 posts
msg #89298
Ignore DMOBRIEN
3/9/2010 2:24:45 AM

MPEL ABR DRAD QUIK GRRF XIN OMEX all look like pretty good imo.

DMOBRIEN
363 posts
msg #89299
Ignore DMOBRIEN
3/9/2010 2:38:52 AM

IGOI CTHR may be ready

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · SCAN PICKS Round-Up<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.