StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · SF guys...what about adding Renko Charts to the mix ???<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
alf44
2,025 posts
msg #65616
Ignore alf44
modified
7/30/2008 10:11:03 PM

Don't laugh !!!

I always kinda dismissed these things as a bit too esoteric !!!

Gotta say though...after playing with them some...they're starting to grow on me !!!

Renko Charts are kinda like what would happen if Candlesticks and Point and Figure had a "love child" !!!

But seriously...

...BRING RENKO CHARTS TO StockFetcher !!!

This would be a GREAT StockFetcher addition. imo

Please consider this !!! tia

Regards,

alf44

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #65632
Ignore alf44
7/31/2008 11:27:21 AM

RENKO ! RENKO ! RENKO ! RENKO ! RENKO !!!

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #65703
Ignore alf44
8/1/2008 9:29:09 AM

RENKO ! RENKO ! RENKO ! RENKO ! RENKO !!!

trek
72 posts
msg #65707
Ignore trek
8/1/2008 10:49:13 AM

Alf44,

Stockcharts.com offers free Renko charts.

If you've never used Stockcharts.com, click on the free charts tab, then place stock symbol in SharpCharts box. Renko is found in drop down menu on Type

Trek

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #65709
Ignore alf44
modified
8/1/2008 10:58:41 AM

I know that !

QuoteTracker ALSO has'em...and I've been using'em there !

Seems Renko Charts are EVERYWHERE but here at SF !!!

I just think they would be a very nice StockFetcher addition...and one I am hoping SF will give serious consideration to !

Regards,

alf44

tomb
267 posts
msg #65713
Ignore tomb
8/1/2008 11:14:51 AM

We will certainly look into adding Renko charts.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and please let us know if you have any additional suggestions or comments.

Tom
StockFetcher.com Support

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #65715
Ignore alf44
modified
8/1/2008 12:33:17 PM

Thanks, Tom !

Appreciate the reply !

As i said in my original post...I never really paid much attention to Renko Charts until fairly recently. As I've started to use them more and more...I've discovered that these things are actually pretty amazing.

They are incredibly clear at displaying Trend...and filtering out "noise" !

As I'm sure you're aware...they are only concerned with PRICE...Time and Volume are not considered at all. They are similar to Point and Figure Charts...but, much more illustrative and visual (much in the way Candlesticks are). imo

As I've said...I think they would be a very nice addition here at SF !

As for suggestions...they are pretty straightforward...the major consideration is in HOW the user defines the "box size".

The 2 most common measures used to do this are with ...

...a simple dollar (point or fraction of a point) size...OR...

...as a function of some ATR measure.

I confess I haven't really experimented much with the ATR application of the Charts. I know StockCharts.com offers BOTH with their version. fwiw

Thanks again, Tom !

Regards,

alf44

dangreene
229 posts
msg #65717
Ignore dangreene
8/1/2008 1:23:14 PM

TOO, TOO FUNNY.

At Stockcharts, display RSI(2) and Williams %R(2) above a 6 month Renko chart.

WOW

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #65718
Ignore alf44
modified
8/1/2008 3:08:49 PM

FWIW...due to the very structure of Renko Charts...

...specifically...the fact that ALL the "boxes" in Renko Charts are the same size...ANY 2 Period Oscillator...be it..

RSI...

%R...

ROC...

StochRSI...

...you name it...will behave almost identically !

So...anytime the "Price Trend" changes direction...and therefore the "box" changes color/direction...the "2 period oscillator" will immediately do the same and go to the opposite extreme (overbought/oversold)....AND...stay there UNTIL the "Trend" changes direction again.

I don't see this as particularly helpful and so a 2 period oscillator is prolly NOT the best choice with these Charts. imo

Regards,

alf44

dangreene
229 posts
msg #65724
Ignore dangreene
8/1/2008 4:39:32 PM

ALF,

Thanks for your explanation.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · SF guys...what about adding Renko Charts to the mix ???<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.