StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · SF help Plot of filter...<< >>Post Follow-up
Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #97033
Ignore Eman93
10/16/2010 5:09:08 PM

Can you make a function to plot a filter? just use number of hits and plot on graph... would like to see long term hits plotted some how... seems simple enough... you could smooth and even use as a function. or is this what the custom function is used for?

Thanks

four
5,087 posts
msg #97034
Ignore four
modified
10/16/2010 5:24:40 PM

/*hits and plot on graph*/

Fetcher[
set{hit, count(close > close 5 days ago,1)}
draw cema(hit,3)

close > 1
avgvol(100) > 123654
]

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #97035
Ignore Eman93
10/16/2010 7:28:46 PM

Thanks four.. but what I am looking for is I have a few filters that I would like to plot by the number of results given.

On Monday it had 10 hits on Tuesday it had 3 hits on Wednesday it had 1 hit on Thursday it had 25 hits... you could build all kinds of market oscillators with this function. Like EMA 50 cross for example... more interested in the number of stocks moving than the stocks them selves.... as a market direction timing tool.

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #97065
Ignore Eman93
10/18/2010 12:35:23 AM

What you are getting as a result is a graph of an individual stock, meeting that condition..

What I want to plot is the total number of results.... you could do all kinds of stuff with it.... Advance Decline.......summation index.

You can compare you filter over time... as more stock meet a cretin condition signaling a buy or sell in the overall market....

Get a more analytical view of the overall markets more than just the indexes

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #97075
Ignore Eman93
10/18/2010 6:42:39 PM

Bump..

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · SF help Plot of filter...<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.