StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · SF, my filter is not working<< >>Post Follow-up
papagatorga
124 posts
msg #105269
Ignore papagatorga
3/5/2012 6:00:26 PM

I entered the following filter
Show stocks where EMA(10) has been increasing for the last six weeks.
and stocks are ETF
The fourth and fifth ETF's reported are VXX, TZA. Neither have increasing EMA's. In fact both are in major declines.
What is wrong with my filter?
Secondly, I would like to sort my results. Other filters use phrases like "weekly roc(6,1)" and "column 5 descending".
I don't know how to phrase it.

frsrblch
35 posts
msg #105271
Ignore frsrblch
modified
3/5/2012 6:54:03 PM

If you click Edit > Check Syntax, it will show you that the first line of your filter is not being recognized.

If the ema(10) is increasing, it will be above the value from yesterday. If you make it count the number of times this has happened over the last 30 days (6 weeks), and tell it to show the stocks where this count is 30, it will show you those stocks which have had their ema(10) increasing every day for the last 30 days, or 6 weeks.

stocks are eft
count(ema(10) above ema(10) 1 day ago,30) equals 30

To sort, type "sort by column X ascending/descending" where X is the column number. SF uses the symbol as column 1, so if you made your filter as follows, it would sort by ema(10) descending, which is column 5.

stocks are eft
count(ema(10) above ema(10) 1 day ago,30) equals 30
add column ema(10)
sort by column 5 descending

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #105272
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
modified
3/5/2012 8:16:34 PM

frsrblch:

Excellent first post. Welcome.

papagatorga
124 posts
msg #105275
Ignore papagatorga
3/6/2012 12:59:33 PM

Thanks frsrblch, seems to be working like I wanted.

traderseb
36 posts
msg #105280
Ignore traderseb
3/7/2012 7:17:33 AM

The first line is not correct.

Did you mean "etf" instead of "eft"?

It appears to be ignoring the first line since "eft" has no apparent meaning.

papagatorga
124 posts
msg #105283
Ignore papagatorga
3/7/2012 8:35:30 AM

traderseb, I caught the mistake and changed it to ETF

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · SF, my filter is not working<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.