StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · SF pro wish list<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #57393
Ignore johnpaulca
12/2/2007 6:10:42 PM

Yo Santa,
How about ...Stop deleting my jokes...we all adults here...mostly.

stocktrader
294 posts
msg #57397
Ignore stocktrader
12/2/2007 6:46:37 PM

TRO, yes I am. Thanks to you and The Next NTRI filter.
Trading account peaked to 73.89% gain in 10 weeks. We're at 48.75% in 15 weeks now. Minor pull-back before zooming upwards.

Of course what I use is much teaked from the original, but the concept is the same! The key, plan the trade, trade the plan. Filter seaching has been in the past for a long while now! You've talked about statistics, and that IS the plan.

Keep up the great work! Thanks.

danv83
44 posts
msg #57409
Ignore danv83
12/2/2007 8:29:56 PM

In order of importance I would really like:

Custom LRI and custom Linear Regression Channels (so you can put an LRI on something like rsi for instance).

Custom MACD, i know it is possible to code this with a lot of set commands (i have before) but it would be nice to have this predefined.

Historical fundamental data. Possibly historical analyst consensus - upgrade / downgrade info. Stock split info.

For "weekly" to play nice in things like cma.

P&F charting / scanning mode.

Drawdown statistics to show in date offset scans.

Ability to compare a stock's performance to it's entire sector's performance, ability to also view a stockfetcher sector's performance on a 2 year daily chart.

davesaint86
725 posts
msg #57450
Ignore davesaint86
12/3/2007 1:24:30 PM

I would like to be able to create custom file folders so I can put my filters in their appropriate categories.

Dave

danv83
44 posts
msg #57460
Ignore danv83
12/3/2007 4:12:18 PM

Dave, you can create different categories in the My Filters section...

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #57468
Ignore nikoschopen
12/3/2007 6:27:41 PM

There are in fact two things that I badly need this Christmas season. They're both a variation on the theme of days() function.

1) I need to calculate how many days a stock took to, say, run up 5% or more. Currently, the days() only tells us how many days ago the criteria was met but it doesn't tell us just how long it took to meet those criteria.

2) I need to use the value derived from the days() as a variable nested in another expression. Take "set{x, days(price reached a new 52 week high,10)}" for example. Suppose it spits out 2 as its value. Now I would like to find out whether there was a volume spike to support the new 52 week high by writing "count(volume x days ago is more than 200% above avgvol(50),1)" Unfortunately, this doesn't go down very well under the current system.

These two, in my otherwise myopic opinion, would literally change the way we write filters. That is, if they ever become a reality.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #58508
Ignore TheRumpledOne
12/25/2007 10:38:53 AM

I would like a substring type function called CONTAINS

set{ x, contains( stockname, "solar", 1) }

Allows the user to scan stock names for keywords.

stocktrader
294 posts
msg #58514
Ignore stocktrader
12/25/2007 3:26:39 PM

I know this is not the same, but quasi-solar:

Fetcher[apply to Industry(Semiconductor-Specialized)]

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #58515
Ignore karennma
12/25/2007 5:35:45 PM

TheRumpledOne
TheRumpledOne 12/25/2007 10:38:53 AM
I would like a substring type function called CONTAINS
set{ x, contains( stockname, "solar", 1) }
Allows the user to scan stock names for keywords.

=======================================

That WOULD be nice.
Such a filter might've yielded the little stock that could ....
... Yingli Solar ... up 300% since June.
But maybe not, since the more common name is Yingli Green Energy.

http://ir.yinglisolar.com/e/overview.php

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #58516
Ignore karennma
12/25/2007 5:36:42 PM

symbol YGE

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · SF pro wish list<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.