StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · SKF or Faz?<< >>Post Follow-up
bpmiller1
26 posts
msg #72144
Ignore bpmiller1
3/6/2009 11:53:47 AM

I always trade SKF instead of FAZ, because Im an adrenaline junkie I guess. SKF is like FAZ x2 on caffein
Ive lost tons of money on it and made some... Up to $10,000 one day , I wish I had gone long on it today at the low and I wish I had bought in at $100 like some website told me but check this out. Set SKF on on a daily chart and look at what you see , its reaching its all time high of Nov. and Im looking to short this punk , maybe today, but revenge will be Mine! Unless the XLF completely collapses and we have a depression!
POT daily looking ripe also its a great trading stock with a big trader fan base.

Please send me $10 for every $1000 you make off this tip for the house payments SKF relieved me of...... Good luck out there.

SKF:The investment seeks daily investment results, before fees and expenses, which correspond to twice the inverse of the daily performance of the Dow Jones U.S. Financials index.

FAZ: The investment seeks to replicate, net of expenses, 300% of the inverse daily performance of the Russell 1000 Financial Services Index, (But doesnt move $ like SKF!)

Radiomuse
288 posts
msg #72179
Ignore Radiomuse
3/6/2009 3:02:37 PM

Ok, no one else has asked so I will - how the heck is SKF like FAZ x2 on caffeine?

13th_floor
724 posts
msg #72201
Ignore 13th_floor
3/6/2009 7:40:30 PM

That's my question too..

SKF adr30=12.22 adr10=14.19

FAZ adr30=18.05 adr10=21.22

bpmiller1
26 posts
msg #72209
Ignore bpmiller1
modified
3/6/2009 11:50:00 PM

Ok Ill field that question for you left brainers in the ignored area.( Left brain being analytical) Some guys just read racing forms and have never ridden a horse ,you guys rather pick apart a sentence than read the message. I ride the horses and know what they feel like in the race. FAZ pales in speed and profitability to SKF and slower in comparison. You can stack up indicators high as you want and still lose money in this market so for that ADR comment is just sophist diatribe to me. Trading is nOt a math problem because .You 'll GET A DIFFERENT ANSWER TO THE SAME PROBLEM EVERY TIME !You still have to Saddle up and go ride em both and see what I mean. With SKF Ive made $500 in 20 seconds all day scalping on a good day. Ive tried it with FAZ but it just doesnt rate so SKF feels like FAZ on caffein x2. But I work what left brainers would consider a high wire act because I use unquantifiables. I incorporate intuition and visual pattern recognition skills into reading chart patterns , stochastics, volume, then dive into my picks , like any method it doesnt always work .
I know you leftys just dont get us rightys intuitive types. Im a good golfer, some guys read all the books and tips take five practice swings before every shot and still shank it into the woods, I just get up and hit it down the fairway, simple eh? I figure why over analyze when in the end it doesn't help and in the case of golf an to some traders it retards progress!
" Analysis paralysis" I like stockfetcher to give me the analytical picks to apply my intuitive process to.
Good luck out there , the racing form just tells track record but doesn't tell you how the horse feels that day!

tortexal
9 posts
msg #73721
Ignore tortexal
4/20/2009 7:09:37 PM

to be frank you are totally incorrect.

There are two different ways to look at how they trade. SKF/UYG being a higher price will appear to move faster on a pps basis however on a percentage basis will move less. FAZ/FAS on a percentage and total return basis will by default yield larger gains and losses vs SKF/UYG.

Since the direxion pair is levered 300% it will obviously move more than the proshares pair. The way to trade them to maximize results is to use a static dollar amount and adjust # of shares accordingly to capitalize on the extra leverage. Therefore, a smaller move in pps will naturally correlate to a larger % movement vs position size. 100 shares of SKF and 100 shares of FAZ will not yield the same profit/loss because you're total exposure is larger on one vs the others.

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #73724
Ignore luc1grunt
4/20/2009 8:16:24 PM

6 minutes of my life i will never get back. thanks OP, and to those who corrected you.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · SKF or Faz?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.