StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Sending Sell Alerts to email<< >>Post Follow-up
dknoonan
27 posts
msg #113695
Ignore dknoonan
5/25/2013 1:40:53 PM

Scottrade's alerts are not sophisticated enough to notify me to sell if this condition is met: ROC(7,1) above 2

So is SF a good way to get alerts? I think it would go like this:

1. Create a Watch List called My_Purchased_Stocks. Whenever I buy a stock, put it in this watch list.
2. Create a filter called Sell_has_been_Triggered. Activate the email icon. Filter would have this:

Fetcher[ROC(7,1) above 2
apply to watchlist(My_Purchased_Stocks)
]

Then I'd get an email in the evening to sell the triggered stock.

Any other tips on how to do this? Thanks.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #113708
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
5/25/2013 8:11:46 PM

That's how I would do it.

mahkoh
1,065 posts
msg #113709
Ignore mahkoh
5/25/2013 8:14:02 PM

Fetcher[

symlist(your stocks, separated by a comma)

add column ROC(7,1)

sort column 5 desending
]

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Sending Sell Alerts to email<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.