StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · StockFetcher we have MAs, EMAs, DMAs, CMAs, CEMAs...<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
FuriousThug
256 posts
msg #73674
Ignore FuriousThug
4/19/2009 4:37:48 PM

Right. I know you came up with energy stocks but I was wondering if, in general, you look specifically for stocks that are testing the 100EMA for the first time...as in, do you scan for those in particular?

tomm1111
202 posts
msg #73679
Ignore tomm1111
4/19/2009 5:23:40 PM

alf, Is this similar in concept to what you are looking for? "var" can be the custom variable.

Fetcher[
show stocks above 5
and volume above 100000

set{var,pow(close,1.2)}
set{nondisplaced,cma(var,5)}
set{displaced,nondisplaced 9 days ago}

draw nondisplaced on plot price
draw displaced on plot price
]

FuriousThug
256 posts
msg #73680
Ignore FuriousThug
modified
4/19/2009 7:04:04 PM

Is there a way to terminate the displaced line at its offset?

EDIT: Sorry...to clarify. The displaced line is actually projected FORWARD from prior price action, and displayed over current price action. I think what Alf needs is the displaced line to reflect current price action, but display over the offset period...in other words, BACK. Essentially, it should look exactly like the nondisplaced line, just displayed over the prior offset period. And the line should terminate at the end of its offset period.

Alf? Assuming you're looking for the Chikou span?

tomm1111
202 posts
msg #73691
Ignore tomm1111
modified
4/19/2009 11:37:13 PM

FuriousThug,

I don't think that can be done on a custom displaced moving average. You can displace backwards on a normal moving average, DMA(25,-8) as an example, but not custom to my knowledge.

A question I have is, if you displace backwards what would be the point of the scan? To me it would seem that you would be behind the number of days of displacement. Would the results of the scan be dependent on the backwards displaced DMA or provide a visual representation?

Tomm1111

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #73693
Ignore alf44
modified
4/19/2009 11:52:14 PM

First of all...let me say...2 weeks ago I had never heard of "Ichimoku" !

So...I am by NO MEANS...experienced...in deciphering this "multi-faceted" indicator !

It ain't that complicated...and I'm starting to become a bit more familiar...but...it DOES require some study... so, if you're interested in learning...keep reading. The more I read...the more I see this thing has to show me.

The "wiki" site ( Ichimoku ) I posted in my first post has a very good explanation of ALL the lines...AND...of the various signals this thing throws off and some pretty good illustrations (charts). The chart I posted (from the StockCharts site) is a pretty damn good representation of what the "indicator" should be AND HOW it should be plotted on the chart.

BRAVO StockCharts !!!

Granted...the Senkou span lines (A&B) look odd...as they are BOTH displaced 26 periods forward...but that is how they should be plotted...based on everything that I've been able to read so far.

Similarly, the Chikou span...is TODAY'S Close...displaced 26 periods backward...odd looking maybe...but if you carefully read the rationale in that wiki...it starts to make sense as it displays where price is today...wrt where price was 26 days ago !

There are a number of trading signals generated by the "Ichimoku" system...and it IS a "system" !

The signals are either strong, neutral or, weak...based on the interaction of ALL the various lines and the price bar plot. ALL of this is clearly layed out in that wiki site. READ IT...then...READ IT AGAIN !!!

-----------------------------------------------------------

I would absolutely LOVE to see Tom and the guys at StockFetcher offer the...

...Ichimoku Kinko Hyo Technical Indicator !!!

------------------------------------------------------------

Obviously, they can do a much better job coding and displaying this thing than we can. It could be coded and then plotted on a chart with a simple...

and draw Ichimoku

Come on StockFetcher...make it happen ! tia

Regards,

alf44

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #73695
Ignore alf44
modified
4/19/2009 11:59:34 PM

...if you displace backwards what would be the point of the scan?

--------------------------------------

There would be NO point !

My whole purpose in requesting this...was to just have SF provide it as an "indicator" that could be included as a draw command...and then observed (on a chart) within the scan results of "whatever filter" you choose.

It is a "Trend Indicator"...at it's core !

It has a story to tell !

It does NOT (necessarily) lend itself to scans/filters per se !!!

Regards,

alf44

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #73706
Ignore chetron
4/20/2009 6:41:46 AM

PREVIOUSLY ON STOCKFETCHER.....

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #73710
Ignore alf44
4/20/2009 9:25:48 AM

...musta completely missed that thread !

Thanks for posting, chetron !

It was good to see "niko" at work in that thread...miss that guy...he was good !

Regards,

alf44

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #73711
Ignore alf44
modified
4/20/2009 9:27:57 AM

...however...there appears to be some work yet to be done to display this thing in the way that it was intended !

I am STILL hopeful that StockFetcher will get involved.

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #73716
Ignore chetron
4/20/2009 12:03:09 PM

me too.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · StockFetcher we have MAs, EMAs, DMAs, CMAs, CEMAs...<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.