StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Stockfetcher - is it dead?<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
snappyfrog
653 posts
msg #159977
Ignore snappyfrog
1/6/2023 10:00:36 PM

I know in my own case, I posted more when I started here as I was asking questions
to learn more about how to code some things. Once I learned how to search more
efficiently here, I found most of what I needed already discussed in the forums.

I have posted some of my setups, but in reality, we all have to find our own
way that fits our style. I didn't and don't expect others to trade the way I do,
so as I have zeroed my scans in to fit my trading style, I don't see the need
to post or comment near as much.

snappyfrog
653 posts
msg #159978
Ignore snappyfrog
1/6/2023 10:06:44 PM

Also, I am looking at TradingView now. It can be much more robust - especially
the ability to see intraday charts - but I am not convinced I need to pay for it at this
time. I am able to scan for what I want to see strictly on the SF charts.

As a swing trader at heart, daily charts work best for me. I trade on ToS, so I run
scans here and drill down to intraday charts / pre-market to make entries.

Also, I trade options. SF gives me the ability to setup bullish and bearish scans;
so I trade both ways. This down market over the last year has been very
profitable trading options to the downside.

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #159983
Ignore Mactheriverrat
1/9/2023 11:01:07 AM

@miketranz
Roger that. When market start being short term Bullish it tends to make other traders Bullish, When Markets were like before the start of last year they were big time Bullish and rubbed off on a lot of stocks.

Chiqmagnet
7 posts
msg #160344
Ignore Chiqmagnet
5/30/2023 3:56:19 PM

Your assessment is accurate. Bugs are not being fixed as actively as they were before. It is still the best scanner out there. TradingView etc have very very limited scanning abilities. Even with the 15 min delay, SF is still excellent for scanning and customizing it. It's a tragedy the owners of the site don't seem to want to add new features or fix new bugs.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #160372
Ignore TheRumpledOne
6/18/2023 9:01:36 AM

Can you imagine if StockFetcher incorporated an AI?

snappyfrog
653 posts
msg #160376
Ignore snappyfrog
6/18/2023 7:47:44 PM

TheRumpledOne, we can only hope.

domino
5 posts
msg #160740
Ignore domino
12/29/2023 8:12:51 AM

DON'T TRY TO REINVENT THE WHEEL! SF is more user-friendly and powerful than any broker platform. I use TOS and its scanning features are dysfunctional and cumbersome. SF customer service for filter support is EXCELLENT! Always within a 24-hour response. The forums and content are valuable. Of course, it does not display all the pretty GUI eye candy like other tools but let's not jump the gun to introduce all the latest, cutting-edge (read unproven) bells and whistles.

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #160887
Ignore Eman93
2/20/2024 10:31:53 AM

Still a user but don't post, dont check the forums much.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Stockfetcher - is it dead?<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.