StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Stop & Reverse...<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #64727
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
7/4/2008 8:49:47 PM

It's funny to me that there is always SOMEONE who willl come along and tell the BUMBLE BEE that he can't fly because his wings are too small for his body AND THEY HAVE TO BACKTEST TO PROVE IT!!

TrendSurfer
109 posts
msg #64734
Ignore TrendSurfer
modified
7/5/2008 11:18:20 AM

Excellent point ::: Sir Rumpled One:::. What may be visually impossible can be possible, but one would have to dig a little to uncover the truth of it, as it is rarely obvious. There are simply, things back-testing alone can't uncover, but it spits out answers anyway...

::: Grunt ::: Thanks. Yep! Price and volume are just marvelous in the hands of someone who knows how to use them... Just marvelous!

Additionally, It is INTUITIVE to follow the herd, especially when the mass media sets the lead with the popular sentiment of the day. It's so easy to be part of the crowd, just fit in and go along with the popular notion.

It is COUNTER-INTUITIVE to anticipate transitions and be among the first to take action. I've found much of success in trading is counter-intuitive. You have to get out of your own way and question your own perspective to find the real opportunities you can get lucky with.

Here is an definition of luck you may have heard before - Luck is when preparation meets opportunity - A stop and reverse strategy with the broad market is one way of practice to achieve the level of expectation I have set for myself. Keeps me in GO mode and in tune with the markets.

cunparis
71 posts
msg #64736
Ignore cunparis
7/5/2008 12:23:33 PM

You are right TRO and I apologize to TrendSurfer for my post.

It's not clear if you're wanting to sell a system or what. I mean you're giving some ideas but you're so vague I can't come up with anything to use them. Sorry for being slow.

TrendSurfer
109 posts
msg #64738
Ignore TrendSurfer
modified
7/5/2008 12:48:13 PM

:::cunparis::: I hear ya! And I get totally what you're saying... Hopefully you've already learned something incredible, and that is to challenge your very own perceptions... That one thing is worth more than any other I could offer in a forum like this.

There is no possible way I could get into all the details effectively about this or anything else here. Thats where the work comes in for anyone interested. Besides, I've tried to get into the meat of things in past posts and it just becomes a garbled mess when distractions not in the best interests of a thread start occurring.

Even the scans the 'extremely talented' have unselfishly shared in this forum for years, still require you explore how to trade them profitably (as someone around here keeps, saying over and over). That requires a curiosity and willingness to spend hours and hours getting the feel of the results it produces and gaining the confidence to make trades with it.

If you find something interesting in anyones thread or methods, and you now believe there are things out there worth discovering then your 1/2 way home. Find something that intrigues you and dig, dig, dig. Have fun with it... And no, nothing for sale here, that wouldn't be appropriate.

I believe cunparis there is a lot more info in this thread than you are realizing. Hope this helps.

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #64742
Ignore alf44
modified
7/5/2008 11:08:25 PM

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #64744
Ignore alf44
modified
7/5/2008 11:26:10 PM

...nevermind ...

klynn55
747 posts
msg #64748
Ignore klynn55
7/6/2008 10:50:35 AM

Trend:

makes one wonder,on your site , you quote charts and delete the parameters, what's that old saying if it acts like a duck ........, love for sale......!

rtucker
318 posts
msg #64758
Ignore rtucker
modified
7/6/2008 9:31:19 PM

d

miketranz
956 posts
msg #64759
Ignore miketranz
7/6/2008 10:27:21 PM

Vince Lombardi sums it up "In all my years of coaching,I have never been successful using somebody else's plays".There's wisdom in those words.If you want to be successful in any field,you have to pay the price.There's hedge fund managers making billions of dollars in the markets.They're making that kind of money because they know something we don't and I'm sure their not going to share it.You have to find out what works for you,through experience,dedication,perserverance.Nobody's going to hand it to you.................

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #64765
Ignore maxreturn
7/7/2008 8:38:09 AM

miketranz...well stated.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Stop & Reverse...<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.