StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Subscription Services-Gryphon<< >>Post Follow-up
numbat1
17 posts
msg #90364
Ignore numbat1
3/25/2010 6:55:39 PM

Hello has anyone had any experience with the Gryphon subscription services. ? I know we are a self directed site and I have been a member here for a long time but 82% win ratio on average each year seems pretty good. There are no refunds with Gryphon unlike many others hence my equiry. Thanks in advance.

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #90368
Ignore chetron
3/25/2010 7:56:11 PM

AS LONG AS I CAN DELIVER AN 80% WIN RATE, WHY WOULDN'T I GIVE A REFUND?

straken
469 posts
msg #90376
Ignore straken
3/25/2010 9:52:02 PM

numbat1 3/25/2010 6:55:39 PM

and which one of the lying little fatasses is promising 82% Robert Vincent or Robert Anthony.
they're the biggest con job around. Gryphon financial is a hack job read some results others have had with them on the web. I know a few people who wondered over there and gryphon got 82% of their money.

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #90386
Ignore chetron
3/26/2010 6:44:55 AM

OOOOOOOH, THE WIN RATIO IS FOR THE OWNERS. MAKES SENSE NOW. = )

sbuck143
88 posts
msg #90395
Ignore sbuck143
3/26/2010 9:52:11 AM

One thing I am a bit surprised isnt made a bigger deal here on SF boards is the whole concept of money mgmt and position sizing as it relates to overall success.

Many people go looking for the holy grail of the perfect trading system, that has a high win rate and high profit per play. How many filters do each of us have in our little inboxes, or what drew many of us here in the first place?

But the reality is you can take any system, say for example one with an 80% win rate, whose winners average 50% ROI and whose losses average 25%, and despite there being a net positive expectancy for the entire system, you can allocate your money to it in such a way that you'll still lose money. 50 different people investing per that systems signals, getting in and out at the same prices will get 50 unique end results, EVEN if they all started with the same amount of money.

Understanding this is the real holy grail of trading. The size of your positions within whatever system you trade, has an equal bearing on the outcome as does the system itself. Some would argue the position sizes matter quite a bit more.

straken
469 posts
msg #90427
Ignore straken
3/26/2010 1:17:33 PM

It really doesn't matter what the win rate is so long as your profit on your wins far outweight the loss on your misses.

numbat1
17 posts
msg #90452
Ignore numbat1
3/27/2010 2:22:34 AM

Thanks Guys especially Straken ....

miketranz
956 posts
msg #90454
Ignore miketranz
3/27/2010 9:41:27 AM

Money management is the key to success in trading.Position size plays a key role along with money management.It's the amount you're initially risking per trade going in,going out can be different story,depending on your "money management" of that position.Some of the most successful traders of all time only have a 50/50 win rate.The key difference is how they manage their money....

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Subscription Services-Gryphon<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.