StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Survey: Weekly Market Prediction<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #45178
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
6/22/2006 3:35:19 AM

I love it when great minds think alike. Just found this today on yahoo, and this guy basically said what "I" said in my previous post about this being the time where "institutional" traders start buying their "usual twice a year bargain buys." If you read this column, you'll see he is just as bullish as I am. I predicted the new "bull market" starts next week....looks like it started today! Most stocks are approaching and surpassing some tight resistance. If you look...there's nothing but open field above when they do. That's the beautiful thing about long downtrends.

Look at the three(3)candle pattern on the daily charts of the S&P 500 and the Nasdaq. Its called a "Rising three methods." This is one of my favorite set-ups of all time! It almost ALWAYS starts a new bullish trend. Also again notice the MACD Histogram divergence....and the MACD fast line just crossed over the slow line today! So I don't know what these other guys on this thread are seeing, because it's CRYSTAL CLEAR to market professionals like myself, that things are about to take shape "very quickly."

********************************************************************************

latest news [UK:BB] Bradford & Bingley reviewing compensation claims provision

PETER BRIMELOW
'Everything will be fine,' bullish Navellier predicts
Commentary: He has the top-performing newsletter of the past 20 years
E-mail | Print | | Disable live quotes By Peter Brimelow, MarketWatch

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- A rip-roaring bull says everything is fine, and he has a great record, too.
Louis Navellier has sort of come out of the closet recently. Twenty years ago, he could easily have been accused of being a nerd, devoted to the quintessentially nerdy Modern Portfolio Theory approach, a highly quantitative system of comparing risk to reward in the small-cap area.
Then he became positively flamboyant, changing the name of his letter, from MPT Review to "Louis Navellier's Emerging Growth", and pontificating about exchange rates and inflation and other interesting but (from an MPT point of view) irrelevant issues.

It's easy to be irritated by this sort of thing. But nevertheless, Navellier is the top-performing letter over the past 20 years, according to the Hulbert Financial Digest, with a lifetime annualized gain of 20.6% since 1985 vs. 12.7% for the dividend-reinvested Dow Jones Wilshire 5000. See Dec. 27, 2004 column
On Friday, Navellier (probably understatedly): "Well, I'm sure a lot of you were relieved to see the big market bounce this week. I want to reiterate what is going on. One week ago Thursday was what is officially called "capitulation day" where the market goes down and then reverses suddenly on no news. All that happened this week is that the market tried to retest those lows from the previous week and it actually made new lows."
(This supports other letters' argument that June 8 was a "key reversal day.") See June 12 column)

Navellier's analysis: "This market went down on fears of inflation and fears of rising rates and also somewhat on fears of a weak dollar, which causes foreign investors to flee. Now inflationary pressures have moderated and we know that June 29th will be the last Federal Reserve rate increase. Finally, regarding the dollar continuing to slide, we've had phenomenal trade deficit numbers that show that it will not happen. In fact, the current account deficit is $22 billion better than was expected."

Navellier's conclusion: "The end of the quarter is called "window dressing season" where institutional managers put good stocks in their portfolios, and our stocks should benefit immensely from that. This is why several weeks ago I picked June 20th as the time to get in--it's the start of the last 10 days of the quarter when our stocks benefit from "window dressing." Then, of course, in early July, we'll have earnings pre-announcement season. From mid-July on, we'll actually have earnings season and everything will be fine.
"So we still have a phenomenal buying opportunity despite Thursday's big bounce. I want you to know that I think the coast is clear and that you have to jump back in - you just have to."

Navellier did indeed pick June 20 as a buying opportunity several weeks ago, but he also said then that May 29 would prove to be the market low.
It's also unclear that he actually makes investing decisions based on these sorts of Big Think considerations. He doesn't actually try to time the market. And, as he said in his June letter of the stocks he was selling: "We are only selling these stocks because of deteriorating reward/risk characteristics. That's it - nothing more than that.'

********************************************************************************

Love being right all the time! And oh...remember what I said about "even RMBS will see some daylight?" Well look at the DMA set-up, and the white candle today! I also predicted way back on 6/1/06 when that stock closed on it's high of $28.75, that it would fall on it's face between $17-$20! Well...I was pretty close, because it made it all the way down to $21.20. Maybe SOME people will actually LISTEN to me when I speak, rather that aimlessly "bash" for no reason at all! And you can bet I'll be pulling THIS thread back up in about 2-weeks....because when it comes to "market predictors" like myself....there's no such thing as "lady luck!" It's all about hard work, and the desire to see things what others don't. The market is NEVER "right," it's how you read it that makes YOU and countless others "right."

My ego and I are only here to help,

Rick Riggs.

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #45181
Ignore EWZuber
6/22/2006 5:03:58 AM

Reminds me of;
Native American Legends
Two Wolves
A Cherokee Legend
An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. "A fight is going on inside me," he said to the boy.

"It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil - he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego." He continued, "The other is good - he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you - and inside every other person, too."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf will win?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #45182
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
6/22/2006 6:59:45 AM

EW -

That's the problem with SOME traders around here....they read too much into the personal, and miss the message. If my post only "reminded" you of a Native American fable....then you are hanging around the wrong website friend.

my post was to let everyone know that SOMEONE DOES happen to know the market pulse, when it seems not very many do around here. But for what it's worth....your little tale was inspiring to say the least. Just don't know the relevancy of it, because this thread was looking for some confident input in regards to the market. Oh well...back to the topic at hand, and keep up the good work on those Stochastic trendline posts....those are what really inspire me......

Rick

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #45225
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
6/24/2006 9:34:46 PM

"This is the time that big institutions start their usuall twice a year "bargain buying." It also marks the time when that little known entity called the "TRILATERAL COMMISION" steps in to save the overall market. This is the secret organization that basically runs the world....and LOVES the stock market! Hell...they controll it! Ladies & gentlemen...this all takes place, next week! LOL....even "RMBS" WILL SEE SOME DAYLIGHT!"

LOL....take a look at RMBS today....up over 6%, and has free sailin' all the way to $29.73! Take a look around traders....everything is developing just as I predicted! And I mean EVERYTHING! Sometime next week, the MACD Histogram will fall on the S&P 500 and the NASDAQ. When it ticks up, you better get your trading shoes on.....because it will start the beginning of the new Bull market! That will make it a "Triple MACD BULLISH DIVERGENCE!" The bears won't be able to recover, no matter WHAT the Fed Chairman says next week!

Hey "cello13".....NOW you can start buying RMBS! LOL....

Rick ;)

petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #50445
Ignore petrolpeter
3/6/2007 3:31:16 AM

High volume hammers now on DXD,SDS,QID.Are we all going to die?

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #50450
Ignore TheRumpledOne
3/6/2007 10:49:16 AM

I don't care what it may or may not do.

I focus on WHAT IT IS DOING and trade accordingly.

petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #50524
Ignore petrolpeter
3/11/2007 11:05:04 AM

You are correct Rumple.Turns out candle was a high volume Hanging Man signaling a reversal.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Survey: Weekly Market Prediction<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.