StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Swing Trading Filter<< >>Post Follow-up
sandip2325
5 posts
msg #85913
Ignore sandip2325
1/10/2010 4:58:36 PM

Hi All,

I am a new member of the Stock Fetcher and dont have any experience with writing a complicated filter rules.

Can you please help me to write a Swing Trading filter?

Below is the criteria I would like to have any my filter:

A healthy uptrend or possible start of one

At least 2 to 3 day pullback of consecutively lower daily highs (lower daily high for at least two or three consecutive day) and 4th day trading price should be higher than the previous day (Day 3) high

Pulls back to either the rising 13EMA, the bull area, rising 20EMA, rising 20MA, rising 50MA or up trendline (Optional because it may be tough to write a filter for this)

Volume must not higher on the pullback than on the rally that proceded it (Optional because it may be tough to write a filter for this)

Pullback from a new swing high

Regards,
Sandip

shovel52
18 posts
msg #85918
Ignore shovel52
modified
1/10/2010 9:24:17 PM

Here are a couple that may be similar. I haven't incorporated volume into them. Maybe now someone will lend a hand. These two pull up some nice scans. The first one usually gets the first bar of the move, and the second one gets it as it has made several bars and is (maybe)
pulling back. I have noticed they like to jump on the wagon just as the 5 bar weekly EMA is just bending up.The key to success is to only go long as the Dow Jones is bouncing off of support and heading up, now it is starting to go somewhat sideways, how ever as long as the market is green, they work great. If you want to play around, try starting with a 10 day date offset and then compare to the Dow and
see what I am talking about. I have been only watching these for a couple of months, no real time trades yet. Play around and see if you can improve.

weekly EMA (20) is greater than weekly EMA (55) and weekly EMA (55) is greater than weekly EMA(200) and EMA(20) is greater than EMA(55) and EMA(55) is greater than EMA(200) and low is less than weekly EMA(8) and EMA(5) is greater than EMA(5) of 1 day ago and close is greater than the open and close of 1 day ago is greater than lowest low within the last 10 days

Show stocks where the 2 day slope of the EMA(1) is above 1.0 and EMA(20) is greater than EMA(20) of 1 day ago and weekly EMA(5) of 1 day ago is less than weekly EMA(5) of 2 days ago and weekly EMA(5) of 2 days ago is less than weekly EMA(5) of 3 days ago and weekly ema(20) is greater than weekly ema (20) of 1 day ago

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Swing Trading Filter<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.