StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Swing Trading Ideas and methods<< 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 ... 99 >>Post Follow-up
crunkle
54 posts
msg #91565
Ignore crunkle
4/23/2010 5:41:26 PM

Thanks. As it turned out, I was a little early on FTO, After I bought, I watched it slide to within a dime of my stop before it recovered. It's likely to still be good for a couple of weeks (seasonal factors) but I wanted to cash the ticket before the weekend.

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #91684
Ignore Eman93
4/26/2010 8:16:28 PM

just waiting for a pull back........

LOS ANGELES (MarketWatch) -- Historically, on average there have been two particularly auspicious times to buy stock each year. Right now is one of those times.

We are very bullish on shares, and for the following reasons:

The broader market, best measured by the cumulative NYSE advance-decline line and the number of 52-week highs, is leading the averages higher. A market seldom gets into serious trouble when the average stock is outperforming the blue-chip issues that make up the Dow Jones Industrial Average (INDU) and the S&P 500 Index (SPX) . In fact, a peak in the advance-decline line and number of 52-week highs, proxies for the average stock, normally precedes a bull market top in the Dow industrials by at least four to six months, making it one of the better long-term leading indicators. That this has not yet transpired increases the probability that a bull market top is some months down the road.

Sector leadership is constructive. Important broad sectors which are highly sensitive to the economic cycle, such as the retailers and consumer discretionary stocks, are showing strong outperformance. In light of this, we do not believe that the economy will experience a double-dip in the remainder of 2010.

A typical bull market does not end after just one year, but averages between two and three years, depending upon the measurement technique used. It would be unlikely for the bull market to end now after just a one-year advance, especially after the severe and lengthy onslaught inflicted by the 2007-2009 bear, whose wrath has left many groups undervalued by historic measures.

Many stocks are forming sideways price consolidation areas, known as bases. Subsequent to an intermediate-term correction or bear market, this has been our most reliable indicator of an impending intermediate-term advance for the past 20 years. In fact, during this period, we have only encountered one other instance in which the market fell apart and moved to new lows despite the presence of many stocks building bases. Especially bullish is the fact that more stocks are forming bases at present than at any time since 1999, or before.

For the intermediate-term participant, who holds a winning position from a few weeks to a few months, recent breakouts in Acacia Research (ACTG) , Acme Packet (APKT) , Agilent (A) , Agilysys (AGYS) , Albemarle (ALB) , Altera (ALTR) , Anadarko Petroleum (APC) , Aruba Networks (ARUN) , Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings (AAWW) , Baidu (BIDU) , Black & Decker (BDK) , Blue Coat Systems (BSCI) , Cliffs Natural Resources (CLF) , Cognizant Tech Solutions (CTSH) , Cracker Barrel Old Country Store (CBRL) , Cimarex (XEC) , Dollar Thrifty (DTG) , Dr. Pepper Snapple (DPS) , Dress Barn (DBRN) , Eaton (ETN) , Edwards Lifesciences (EW) , ev3 (EVVV) , Express Scripts (ESRX) , F5 Networks (FFIV) , Faro Technologies (FARO) , Federal-Mogul (FDML) , Fossil (FOSL) , Gentex (GNTX) , Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (GMCR) , Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE) , Imax (IMAX) , Incyte (INCY) , Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) , JDA Software (JDAS) , JDS Uniphase (JDSU) , Liberty Global (LBTYA) , Mellanox Technologies (MLNX) , Mylan (MYL) , Neogen (NEOG) , Netgear (NTGR) , Nordson (NDSN) , Plexus (PLXS) , Riverbed Technology (RVBD) , Rovi (ROVI) , Sapient (SAPE) , Shutterfly (SFLY) , Skechers (SKX) , Skyworks (SWKS) , Salix Pharmaceuticals (SLXP) , Sonosite (SONO) , Trimble Navigation (TRMB) , Viropharma (VPHM) , VistaPrint (VPRT) , Walter Energy (WLT) , WebMD (WBMD) , Whiting Petroleum (WLL) , and Whole Foods Market (WFMI) , to name just 57, are all the evidence that is needed to know that the five-week rally off the Feb. 5 wash-and-rinse day low has serious credentials. Breakouts in many of the above Nasdaq names have been accompanied by volume best described as not "middling" or "on the fence," but "explosive."

Still building bases are Agrium (AGU) , Bucyrus International (BUCY) , Catalyst Health Solutions (CHSI) , Cavium Networks (CAVM) , Ceragon Networks (CRNT) , Clean Energy Fuels (CLNE) , Ctrip.com (CTRP) , Deere & Co. (DE) , DirecTV Group (DTV) , Dover (DOV) , G-III Apparel Group (GIII) , GSI Commerce (GSIC) , Methanex (MEOH) , NII Holdings (NIHD) , SuccessFactors (SFSF) , Veeco Instruments (VECO) , Virgin Media (VMED) , and Waste Services (WSII) , to name just 18.

In summation, we are very bullish. We do not use adjectives lightly, and cannot recall the last time the term "very bullish" was used. Breadth, leadership, and Nasdaq volume are all positive.

In particular, we like the fact that hundreds of stocks are building, and breaking out of, sideways areas of consolidation, known as bases, more than at any time since 1999, and possibly longer. Short-term, the averages have been overbought for eight-straight days, and thus deserving of a pullback.

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #91727
Ignore Eman93
4/27/2010 8:01:33 PM

I did pick up some TZA today on the cross below RUT 740 after the open, made a nice gain and cashed out at end of day that damm 20ma has been a bitch to crack.. I will reload on any bounce...

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #91732
Ignore Eman93
4/28/2010 1:09:58 AM

boat load of sell signals today......

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #91761
Ignore Eman93
4/28/2010 10:01:14 PM

I just couldn't help myself.... I bought some IMAX at 20.00 a small amount...because this is not gambling...

This thing has a great story and good news today as they ink a 20 picture deal with WB.

Earnings in PM tomorrow if it tanks I will be an investor.

crunkle
54 posts
msg #91778
Ignore crunkle
4/29/2010 10:08:35 AM

Sold BMY calls this morning @ 2.63 (in at 1.93 per post of 4/23).

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #91788
Ignore Eman93
4/29/2010 3:39:41 PM

Sold IMAX in PM for 21.55,,,,

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #91791
Ignore Eman93
4/29/2010 4:25:36 PM

That was intersteing.... bought some MTG

Watching ISIS

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #91878
Ignore Eman93
4/30/2010 10:58:36 PM

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #91880
Ignore Eman93
4/30/2010 11:01:50 PM

Doesn't look as good as yours JP.... how about a post of the RUT and SPX on your crystal ball chart.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Swing Trading Ideas and methods<< 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 ... 99 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.