StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · TOO COMPLICATED FOR ME<< >>Post Follow-up
EWO2
3 posts
msg #97586
Ignore EWO2
11/23/2010 2:28:52 AM

I AM FAIRLY NEW AT CREATING COMPLEX SCREENS BUT HAVE FOUND ONE I LIKE THAT I WOULD LIKE TO GET A SCREEN THAT DOES JUST THE OPPOSITE OF THIS ONE....IE: ONE THAT WILL SELECT STOCKS THAT ARE AT A HIGH FOR SHORTING INSTEAD OF FOR GOING LONG. THAT IS WITH A SLOPE THE OPPOSITE OF THIS ONE.

I HAVE FOOLED AROUND WITH IT FOR SOME TIME AND CANNOT GET THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF THIS FILTER.IF YOU WOULD HELP OUT I WOULD GET OVER A REALLY BIG HEADACHE! THANKS

HERE'S THE SCREEN:

set{oldrsi,RSI(2) 2 days ago}
set{newrsi,RSI(2)}
set{diff,newrsi - oldrsi}
set{2daypctchg,diff / oldrsi}
add column diff
add column pctchg
draw oldrsi
draw newrsi
pctchg > .1

and 2 day slope of RSI(2) > 8
and add column weekly RSI(2) and add column RSI(2)
and add column 2daypctchg

and price between 2 and 60
and average volume(15) > 750,000
and sort by column 8 descending

EWO2
3 posts
msg #98182
Ignore EWO2
12/23/2010 5:16:25 PM

TOO COMPLICATED FOR ME.... THANKS!

THANKS FOR YOUR WORK IN THIS SCREEN...I WOULDN'T HAVE HAD THE FIRE POWER TO COME UP WITH IT!

I HAVE BEEN AWAY FOR A WHILE AND JUST NOW CAME BACK TO CHECK ...SORRY I AM SO LATE IN THANKING YOU ....
HOPE SOMEDAY TO HAVE A LITTLE OF YOUR EXPERTISE BUT AT 77 I DON'T THINK I HAVE ENOUGH YEARS TO ACHIEVE THAT HIGH A LEVEL!!

AGAIN, I APPRECIATE YOUR COMING TO MY AID....

SINCERELY
EWO2

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #98184
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
12/23/2010 10:58:44 PM

Fetcher[

set{oldrsi,RSI(2) 2 days ago}
set{newrsi,RSI(2)}
set{diff,newrsi - oldrsi}
set{2daypctchg,diff / oldrsi}

2daypctchg > -0.1
and 2 day slope of RSI(2) < -8
and price between 2 and 60
and average volume(15) > 750,000

add column diff

and add column weekly RSI(2)
and add column RSI(2)
and add column 2daypctchg

draw oldrsi
draw newrsi

and sort by column 8 descending

]

See if that works.

sierraseller
23 posts
msg #98205
Ignore sierraseller
12/25/2010 2:31:47 PM

I ran this filter today 12/25/10 and I'm a little unclear on the results and their interpretation. i.e. RMBS show a value of +8.98 in the 2daypctchg column, but when I look at the chart, the 2daypctchg lower study panel shows a dropping line from somewhere above 10 to just below 10 - likely to 8.98. I was expecting the 2daypctchg value to be the actual percentage shift in the RSI's over the 2 day period which in this case seems to be negative - not positive. Am I reading this wrong?

sierraseller
23 posts
msg #98206
Ignore sierraseller
modified
12/25/2010 3:22:23 PM

Re: above post I added show column oldrsi and adjusted the show column to retain the sort sequence and the results in he columns appear to be correct i.e oldrsi was 1.16, RSI now 11.59, diff 10.43 which yields a percent change of + 898%.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · TOO COMPLICATED FOR ME<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.