StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · TREND EXHAUSTION = STRONG CHANCE OF REVERSAL<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
davesaint86
725 posts
msg #141464
Ignore davesaint86
1/28/2018 6:13:32 PM

Pthomas - I agree. I think if the weekly is on a buy your have a higher probability of making successfully trades . All you have to do is look at BA for example. Its been on a weekly buy (DMA8) since Sept, 2016. You could have played the daily, 4 hour, etc since then making serious money.

pthomas215
1,251 posts
msg #141466
Ignore pthomas215
1/28/2018 6:57:57 PM

Dave, exactly right. So 'trend reversal' can be a short term concept really...i.e. cma dma can point to a trend reversal but that is ultimately trumped by the weekly direction, assuming a longer hold than a day or so.

BlackBars
54 posts
msg #141793
Ignore BlackBars
modified
2/2/2018 8:04:00 PM

SORRY I AM LATE,

The link below is where the indicator is originated from; (before optimization)
This should answer most of the questions that have been asked.

http://www.abundancetradinggroup.com/leledc-exhaustion-bar-mt4-indicator/

ALSO,

I found on one of TRO's older threads ("Key Reversal Days") that Alfe44 created a filter that spat out stocks which SOME of them had fit the exhaustion indicator's criteria for signals (LONG AND SHORT). However, not ALL of the results from his filter fit the exhaustion indicator's criteria, only a few do. But there are more signals of the exhaustion indicator out there each day compared to the ones given from Alfe's filter.... Regardless, the basis of Alfe's filter itself is drastically similar to the exhaustion indicator's criteria basis.

https://www.stockfetcher.com/forums/Filter-Exchange/Key-Reversals/38738/0
(Riggs was even blown away by Alfe's filter [rare] - bottom of that link)

The concept of Alfe's filter should be the KEY to figuring out my indicator's criteria in SF format because of how correlated the two criterias are. Regarding SF variables and conditions, I am nowhere near as experienced in coding SF format as someone like Mac or Kevin. BUT if someone can create and configure either Alfe's filter or one from scratch to distribute signals ONLY based upon the exhaustion indicator's criteria, I will return the favor by optimizing the filter myself as well as possibly combining it with my custom Fib and S/R presets to make the accuracy of the filter's results PHENOMENAL.

I hope the link answers the questions that have been asked. Let me know otherwise.

BlackBars
54 posts
msg #141794
Ignore BlackBars
2/2/2018 8:21:05 PM

dustinb,

Sorry for the delay, anyways that indicator I published via Tradingview is not the same one as the one on this thread, assuming that is what you were thinking.

polo9087
2 posts
msg #141796
Ignore polo9087
2/3/2018 12:18:00 AM

Can you share trading view indicator ? When i copy paste i get error on line 9

Thanks

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · TREND EXHAUSTION = STRONG CHANCE OF REVERSAL<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.