StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Thank the Lord our American Auto Companies got their loan $<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
chetron
2,817 posts
msg #70921
Ignore chetron
1/23/2009 7:56:57 PM

jp, this joke is so old, BUT UNFORUNATELY STILL SO TRUE. AMERICAN COMPANIES STILL DON'T GET IT.

IT REALLY DOES HURT.

miketranz
956 posts
msg #70922
Ignore miketranz
1/23/2009 10:35:29 PM

After being in the automotive business 30+ years,here's my opinion of the situation.The "big three" are so far behind the curve,in all respects,that it's a wonder it's taken this long to become apparent.The credit crunch was the straw that broke the camels back.When you stop the flow of credit in any market,business deteriorates rapidly.Should the government bail out the auto industry? You would'nt want to see what would happen to the economy if they did'nt.Could you imagine GM going bankrupt? Not only is it a Dow component,it represents the heartland of America in every respect.The overall job loss,including the trickle down effect from suppliers would be a disaster. Confidence in American business would be decimated.The bail out money was needed to restore confidence in the system.How effective it will be to keep the auto industry alive is anybodys guess.I'll tell you one thing,if Obama walks the walk,he'll do everything in his power,to keep the auto industry afloat.......

petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #70924
Ignore petrolpeter
1/24/2009 12:40:54 PM

So you are employed at GM and buy a new Hyundai Genesis to cruise around in and get booted out of your job within a year you can return your car back to Hyundai under their new Assurance Program?What would GM do for you?Sell you a $45,000 truck,lay you off,hang you with the loan and eventually raise your taxes to fund long gone bailout money?Such a deal.

marine2
963 posts
msg #70932
Ignore marine2
1/25/2009 1:08:40 AM

Petro, please explain this Product Assurance Program Hyundai has out there currently. Are you are saying if someone buys one of their cars, any model in their fleet, and you lose your job working anywhere's in the world, and working for any company / business, they will allow you to give the car back to them, if its a loan the loan is cancelled. Or if you bought this Hyundai they would take the car back and you would receive full payment back? You ever heard of ,if its too good to be true then it isn't.

Always remember, at least half that money people give to foreign automakers for one of their vehicles goes back to that foreign country to prosper by. Our country gave that foreign automaker manpower to get rich on. Think about that. Let's take back America and rebuild OUR auto companies and get people back to work in this country building OUR products not another foreign makers products. We are becoming what China was years ago. Sweat shops paying their help minimum wages while other countries prospered.

miketranz
956 posts
msg #70935
Ignore miketranz
1/25/2009 11:13:22 AM

The problem with this country is American business sold out to foreign labor years ago.Now their wondering why people can't buy an American car.Nobodys got a job to pay for it....

petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #70940
Ignore petrolpeter
1/25/2009 4:03:32 PM

Marine,caught that on a Hyundai commercial and just went to the web sight and there it is.Looks like not only if you loose your job but if you get sick or disabled.I don't know if it can be opted out of or not because most likely the cars price will be closer to MSRP.Don't know that for sure.I think the best way to buy these cars is when they have those $4-5000.00 off signs on the windshields.

marine2
963 posts
msg #70945
Ignore marine2
1/26/2009 2:35:32 AM

Thanks Petro for answering back. I still say buy pure American Products and put our people back to work again. Thank you all for reading this.

petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #70961
Ignore petrolpeter
1/26/2009 1:49:50 PM

So Chrysler takes a $4,000,000,000 tax payer bailout,might as well say merged with Fiat of Italy,after of course being recently sold by Daimler of Germany,is retooling it's assembly plant in Toluca,Mexico to build the new FIAT 500.Out of the three moving shells on the game table,Gov. picked the wrong one again!

marine2
963 posts
msg #70964
Ignore marine2
1/26/2009 3:24:24 PM

Once a naysayer always a naysayer. Closed minds will never see the whole situation. No sense playing tennis when the ball travel can only run in one direction. Chrysler acknowledged, none of this loan money is to be spent outside the US of A. Today in fact, they reiterated on CNBC that none of this loan money would go into the hands of Fiat. We all hope that what they say, and what is happening is what they promised to the politicians, President, and tax payers.

People are so bent on dissolving our American auto industry and yet it's ok to allow the abuses of banks, finanicial institutions and Wall Street as a whole and what THEY have done to this country not the American auto companies. Let's all see through the bs and really go after the real culprits. Hey, why aren't we going after the wage abusers in Sports players unions. Look at their absolutely out of this world wage structure. Why does our society place more value on people playing JUST a game, or providing entertainment for us normal people? Why not truly look at the college cost run ups over the last 20 years, the insurance cost abuses and the outlandish medical cost billings? These outlandish price / billing costs are what triggered our American auto companies unions to keep up with these costs.

I think as a whole our society needs to restructure our wage base system and our pricing system. Giving the real valuable people their just dues such as doctors, airplane pilots, policeman, fireman, teachers, all people that changes, saves, and preserves lives. I think our society has re-evaluate priorities.

Bottomline, we need to stop trying to dismantle the American car industry and attack the real people that actually caused the current problem. Granted our American car industry got caught up in the greed, and the "me" attitude and yes, they will clean up the negative factors in their system. Pushing everyone to contribute to solving the problem is the direction we need to be in. Buy pure American built products and get this country rolling again.

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #70967
Ignore luc1grunt
1/26/2009 7:05:33 PM

First post in this comical thread that I agree with marine..........

Quit wasting your time and money promoting absurd salaries to sports figures.

5 letters in high school and victories beyond, but I never could understand sitting on my ass watching the games, reading sports crap, or idol worshipping a team or a player.

My $02 since we are just babbling along anyway.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Thank the Lord our American Auto Companies got their loan $<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.