StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Thanx Kids.<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
mesayah
658 posts
msg #88016
Ignore mesayah
2/9/2010 5:36:35 PM

I learned a little here but not enough. Milk the cows was the only thing i could say was of any value if you execute perfectly and are not getting skrewed on executions. Sometimes not given enough time to enter your stop before it's way past it. The filters on the other hand are a different story. I found none and or no one provided any that worked in all environments. In fact, all long filters made better short filters but shorting seems dangerous to me. So when my membership runs out i'm most likely gone. I'd rather have an extra $100 a year in my pocket than experiment with the half baked ideas.
If there is a holy grail, it certainly is not provided here.

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #88017
Ignore chetron
2/9/2010 6:09:36 PM

thanx for letting us know, that it wasn't aliens. = D

miketranz
956 posts
msg #88018
Ignore miketranz
2/9/2010 6:20:57 PM

Mesayeh,let us know when you find the holy grail.How long have you been trading?

mesayah
658 posts
msg #88020
Ignore mesayah
2/9/2010 7:17:01 PM

Who ever found the Holy Grail is not sharing. Trading off & on for 20 years.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #88021
Ignore karennma
2/9/2010 7:23:50 PM

Mesayah:
You HAVE found the "holygrail", my dear ... right here on StockFetcher.
It's been here for YEARS.
:>)

HolyGrail

Need I remind you?
"The more things change, the more they stay the same".

LOL!

mesayah
658 posts
msg #88023
Ignore mesayah
2/9/2010 7:39:48 PM

Another filter that goes nowhere. Email me when you can find a filter that tells the direction of the market for the next day, the day before.

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #88026
Ignore Eman93
modified
2/9/2010 7:55:19 PM

The answer is inside yourself....no filter can do what you ask...you do not go long a market that is heading down.. you will not win. Just look at the indexes they do not go straight up or down.... on a back test you can not pick out what days to trade..... I have been thinking of using SPY as a trigger on back tests for swing trades.... not enough time in the day.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #88028
Ignore karennma
2/9/2010 8:46:19 PM

mesayah
- mesayah 2/9/2010 5:36:35 PM

In fact, all long filters made better short filters but shorting seems dangerous to me. So when my membership runs out i'm most likely gone. If there is a holy grail, it certainly is not provided here.

=========================================================

M:
Of course the long filters were great shorts. The DOW topped in mid-January.
Remember dahling, ... "The trend is your friend" ...
The trend is DOWN.
As far as I know, only one person on earth knew IN ADVANCE when this market would turn ...
Lloyd "I'm doing G*d's Work" Blankfein.
Second would be his best pal .... Jamie Dimon.
OR .. you can overlay charts "their" charts ..
$DJI
JPM
GS
OR ...
you can look here ...
HERE
In fact, I told the "newbeez" to practice drawing their trendlines ... DOWN!
You were warned!

;>)

miketranz
956 posts
msg #88030
Ignore miketranz
2/9/2010 9:20:37 PM

Mesayeh,Goldman Sachs has the answer to that question........

dickysofa
63 posts
msg #88032
Ignore dickysofa
2/9/2010 9:54:23 PM

There are no holy grails, no silver bullets...

All we need is an edge. Not a big edge, just an edge.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Thanx Kids.<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.