StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · The 80% Club<< >>Post Follow-up
mesayah
658 posts
msg #85545
Ignore mesayah
1/4/2010 11:13:02 PM

Can anyone attest to a trade with bountiful opportunities that backtests about 80%. If so, let us know...

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #85579
Ignore maxreturn
1/5/2010 5:40:36 PM

Mmmm....wonder why no one has responded yet :)

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #85582
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
1/5/2010 6:01:50 PM

Partly because you could simply read some of the previous posts to determine this.

Partly because you have not specified a timeframe for 80% wins. Are you willing to wait several weeks to months? Does a 1% return count as a win?

That being said, please look at the thread entitled Bollinger Band Trading strategy. It routinely tested at 94% win rate in my backtesting for most of 2009, and at 80.1% over the last 1020 trades (from mid-2005 to August 2009). However, I ultimately abandoned this approach because it tied up too much capital and while closed trades usually netted 10-20%, the overall portfolio was essentially flat over several months.

Also check out the 5% a week thread - this averaged about 75% wins over the 52 week period tested.

mesayah
658 posts
msg #85590
Ignore mesayah
1/5/2010 7:57:00 PM

Good answer, and i was expecting an answer quite like that. maybe you win 80% but how much are you winning as opposed to how much you lose when you lose.

I started this thread to condense the research of potential systems. To make it a little easier.

My 2% intraday method produces wins of 1-7% at over an 80% clip. Problem is you don't want to put all your eggs in 1 basket and potential candidates on a daily bases are few producing only 0-5.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · The 80% Club<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.