StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Theoretical underlying philosophy to trading/investing<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up
cubtrader
14 posts
msg #82836
Ignore cubtrader
11/11/2009 9:57:14 AM

Does anyone here (besides me) have an underlying theoretical philosophy that guides their trading/investing?

For me its…..”reversion to the mean”(trading) and a “value” approach (situations) for investing.

I was just wondering if their were any others???????????

TrendSurfer
109 posts
msg #82883
Ignore TrendSurfer
11/11/2009 8:27:47 PM

To the post above. Interesting paper located here....

Mean Reversion, Forecasting and Market Timing
http://homepage.mac.com/j.norstad/finance/rtm-and-forecasting.html

As for me...

Inside the intermediate time frames lay a sweetspot of high probability trading opportunities so visual and easy to see that it is mostly overlooked. Right in front of you is the opportunity but most can't see it, much less trade it.

Waves of profits produced from an endless ocean of tides, waves and ripples that have existed through all time and will continue till there is no longer gravitational pull and the moon goes flying off into space.

The soul who becomes master of a specific time-frame and method, including entries, exits and risk management will find success. Others will lose their start up and still others will just have hundreds, maybe thousands of hours invested and nothing to show for it. Simple as that... For the last two, find a good charity and give, or find a fun hobby that is fun, trading is a business and requires work, pure as it gets. Would you run a business and work for free?

Backtesting will not hand you this sweetspot (most probably hide it further), neither will Cramer or the Fast Money Team, the
financial media, president of xyz hawking his stock. You can analize the fundy(LIE)mentals all you want and you
won't find it there either. Nor will you find it in the comfort of others approval.

StockFetcher has a sweetspot. It is the technical scanning and using the date offset button to lookback and take your entries
chart by chart to learn to get your timing right. Price of entry well worth for that only.

Traders trade, others just want to be entertained. If one can separate oneself from the financial entertainment mega biz hook. And with a little hard work you just may find the answer, then there will be no time to hold onto shirt-tails, you will have arrived and will make your own trades with confidence.

If interested, I will post back here later with a link visually showing the sweet spot I'm talking about above. And then you can tell me why isn't it just that simple.

Is this philosophy or just a bunch of rambling, not sure?

TS

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #82887
Ignore Eman93
11/11/2009 9:06:25 PM

I am very interested...... allways willing to learn as much as I can..... my philosophy right now.....mixing good fundamentals with a strong a chart as the overall market is moving with you....

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #82888
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
11/11/2009 9:12:14 PM

If interested, I will post back here later with a link visually showing the sweet spot I'm talking about above. And then you can tell me why isn't it just that simple.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sounds like both an offer and a challenge - count me in. ALways like to learn how others approach this morass we call a market.

BarTune1
441 posts
msg #82889
Ignore BarTune1
11/11/2009 9:17:08 PM

I worked on my portfolio all day. My philosophy now is trying to get the right mix on my rye and coke .... practice makes perfect.

tmanbone
124 posts
msg #82895
Ignore tmanbone
11/11/2009 10:56:34 PM

We'll vote after your next post :-)

TrendSurfer
109 posts
msg #82900
Ignore TrendSurfer
modified
11/12/2009 3:40:28 AM

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #82902
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
11/12/2009 6:52:03 AM

We'll vote after your next post :-)
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I know which way I'm going to vote.

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #82904
Ignore chetron
11/12/2009 7:07:02 AM

TRENDSURFER, WHEN IS M4M BOOK GOING TO BE READY?

trendscanner
265 posts
msg #82910
Ignore trendscanner
11/12/2009 9:02:32 AM

Awesome! I thought I was the only person posting music vids on this forum. : ^ )

My own philosophy is:

1. Protect my capital (took me a lot of effort to earn it and save it)
2. Invest in multiple time frames (buy and hold selected stocks, position and swing trade selected stocks when opportunities present themselves)
3. Invest in different and diversified instruments (options, stocks, etfs)
4. Keep learning. I expect there may come a time when the only income I may earn will be from investing/trading.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Theoretical underlying philosophy to trading/investing<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.