StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Time to start buying "ICE" Again!!!<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
tmh111
4 posts
msg #43069
Ignore tmh111
4/19/2006 6:04:48 PM

Riggs-
Thanks for the ICE!!!! I got a nice $9 pop thanks to you and your info... Also, thanks for all the info you post...I'm learning a lot from it...Thanks again sir.

Tommy

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #43073
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
4/19/2006 11:58:52 PM

tmh111 -

Thanks for the kudos man. It really is a nice filter when the market is in a distribution phase. BTW, "ICE" should be hitting some resistance in the next couple of days, so don't be greedy! Take some of those huge profits off the table okay?

- RIGGS -

michaelben
6 posts
msg #43156
Ignore michaelben
4/23/2006 3:19:34 PM

Hi WALLSTREETGENIUS WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT

MHS
CYN
CAH

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #43160
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
4/23/2006 7:59:45 PM

michaelben -

Here's my take on your stocks...I hate the healthcare industry as a whole. It is one of the slowest moving sectors around.

Medco Health:

In the last couple of days MHS fell below it's 200 moving average. I never buy stocks that flirt with it's 200 day MA. It's not a stock that follows with market trends. The only good news in the last month or so is it's CEO recieving a $1.5M bonus. I have a big problem with that!

City National Corp:

CYN was down graded just last week by Sanders Morris & Harris to a "hold" and fell well below it's 200 day MA. Plus it raised it's customers prime rates TO .5% with that alone, it will take forever for this stock a gain any public interest.

Cardinal Health:

Here again....healthcare. Yuk! But it's resting on it's 200 day moving average. Which means it's prime for a bounce. Hopefully CAH can release some better news than the hiring of former P&G executive as CEO.

Now, let's talk about some stocks were gonna be L@@king at on Monday 4/24/06.

Oceaneering International:(OII)

It just landed a new $50M contract late last week while 4 times in the last 4 months it has reached new 10-year highs. And take a look at a 15 minute chart on these guys. It's not even close to being done. Just before fridays close, it rang up 81,000 new shares in just the last 30 minutes alone! It just came off it's highest daily CCI(14)reading since way back in August of last year.

Cognizant Tech Sol:(CTSH)

Here's a Nasdaq stock that is blowing the roof off the last quarter. Last week it went from $59 to $65 without any real effort.Look at it's hourly & 15 minute charts....way down near it's bottom Linear Regression line(60). That's how you get into these types of stocks. Just wait for the pullbacks like the institutional traders do.

Here are a few more just like them....

KMT
MAN
AZN
STT

And here are a couple of my favorite renewable energy stocks I slide in & out of seemingly unnoticed....

XTHN
MGPI

Michael, you need to learn how to get into WINNING stocks that move! They will ALWAYS give you more profits than those bottom feeders you mentioned earlier. Good luck man....

- RIGGS -

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #43191
Ignore TheRumpledOne
4/25/2006 10:47:08 AM

"WALLSTREETGENIUS
- Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified 4/13/2006 8:26:25 PM

TRO -

"these days?" What do you mean? I've been using Linear Regression about 3-years B-4 I even found SF. In fact, it was in the very first filter I ever created. I'd love to give you credit for it, but that has to go to Prophet.net...BTW, how are you?

- RIGGS - "

As I have mentioned many times, HolyGrail was the one who taught me rsi(2) and linear regression.

I don't remember you using linear regression in any of your filters... perhaps I missed that.

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #43199
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
4/26/2006 12:45:49 AM

TRO -

You keep crackin' me up! You don't need to have a filter with LRI(60)on it. LOL...I use it in my chart reading at prophit.net on daily, 60-min., 15-min. and 1-min. charts. I have no use for it in a filter....for what????? I use it for helping to find entry & exit points intraday. Not to mention, I used it LONG BEFORE I ever even knew of your KINGDOM here at "stockfetcher.com." So check your ego at the door there country boy....you're not the only programmer with a brain and a vast knowledge T/A.

- RIGGS -

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #43206
Ignore TheRumpledOne
4/26/2006 8:20:28 AM

"TRO -

You keep crackin' me up! You don't need to have a filter with LRI(60)on it. LOL...I use it in my chart reading at prophit.net on daily, 60-min., 15-min. and 1-min. charts. I have no use for it in a filter....for what????? I use it for helping to find entry & exit points intraday. Not to mention, I used it LONG BEFORE I ever even knew of your KINGDOM here at "stockfetcher.com." So check your ego at the door there country boy....you're not the only programmer with a brain and a vast knowledge T/A.

- RIGGS - "

RIGGS, what do you think the 60 day slope of the close is?

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #43228
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
4/27/2006 4:10:10 AM

Avery -

I don't know why I spend so much time with you....And who said anything about "60-day slope of the close?" But if you're talking about LR(60), I use the Linear Regression Slope to analyze all of the data to determine the movement instead of just comparing the current point value to a point value of x-number of days ago, or even sessions ago. And it performs much better intraday than on daily charts IMHO even though it was designed for a daily 2-month filter.

The first time I started using it intraday, was in a Steve Nison 5-day Candlestick workshop on the east coast. "Nison" is big on Linear Regression slope. And that was almost 4-years ago! Long before I even knew of anyone named "TheRumpledone" or "holygrail" for god sake! So if you're STILL looking for credit for something...better stick to you're undisputed RSI(2)there sport.

- RIGGS -

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #43234
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
4/27/2006 11:08:29 AM

RIGGS, what makes you think I am looking for credit?

I always look to GIVE credit not get it.

Riggs, you "spend time with me" because you know there's value in what I do otherwise you wouldn't waste your time.

drew9
171 posts
msg #43247
Ignore drew9
4/27/2006 10:29:55 PM

Gee Riggs, it appears now that you have managed to alienate the one person who managed to tolerate you longer than any others. I have two young kids that are both performing well in sports. Like young kids do, they like to gloat a bit when they do well. I consistently tell them that Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretsky, Roger Clemens, and all the other awesome athletes let their actions speak louder than words. They now "get it" and they are only 7 and 8 years old. It is amazing to me how kids so young can understand such a basic topic. It is painfully obvious that you have never grown up yet as you act like a 5 year old. May I ask what you get out of acting so childish? Does it make you feel like a big man with the condescending attitude toward everyone? In all the hundreds of posts I cannot say I have learned or received any benefit from yours but on the other hand those from TRO have made me much wiser and richer! Never once has he asked for any appreciation or recognition. TRO, I have never figured out why you do it but your work is very much appreciated! If there was a Hall of Fame for SF, I would certainly vote you in! As for you Riggs, unfortunately the cutoff for the Hall is 6 years old. Maybe someday you will grow up!

Regards,

Drew

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Time to start buying "ICE" Again!!!<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.