StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Time to start buying XTHN & NVAO again!!!!<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #43373
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
5/1/2006 3:09:07 AM

AP
Ethanol Producers Climb to New Highs
Monday April 10, 1:49 pm ET
By Lauren Villagran, AP Business Writer
Creeping Deadlines to Get Rid of Gasoline Additive Boost Producers of Ethanol Substitute

NEW YORK (AP) -- Shares of ethanol producers extended their recent rally Monday, as oil refiners continued their rush to substitute ethanol for a toxic gasoline additive before the summer driving season shifts into gear.
ADVERTISEMENT

The enthusiasm for ethanol is tied to the fate of methyl tertiary butyl ether (MTBE), an additive mixed into gasoline to reduce pollution. However, studies have found that MTBE to be carcinogenic if it seeps into a water source.

States are increasingly banning MBTE due to contamination concerns. Companies wishing to comply with new laws -- and worried about the potential for legal liability -- are turning to ethanol as a replacement for the additive.

According to the federal Energy Information Administration, most of the refining industry is trying to cut out the additive before the summer driving season.

That means demand for ethanol is on the climb -- as are producers' share prices.

"Ethanol is a one-for-one substitute," according to Charlie Rentschler, an analyst with New York-based investment research firm Foresight Research Solutions. "Some refiners pulled up deadline for cutting production of MTBE. I think the ethanol guys are scrambling to satisfy demand."

Ethanol producers are constructing refineries, but it can take between a year and 18 months to get a plant running, Rentschler said -- meaning demand for the additive is likely to outpace supply.

Stocks in the sector have made sharp gains since the start of the year.

Shares of Pacific Ethanol Inc. jumped $2.42, or 8.6 percent, to $30.67 in midday trading on the Nasdaq, after earlier surging to a fresh 52-week high of $31.65. Shares of grains producer Andersons Inc. climbed 41 cents to $89.38 after earlier leaping to $93.27, topping a prior 52-week peak of $89.

Both Pacific Ethanol and Andersons have seen their stocks more than double in value since Jan. 1.

Archer Daniels Midland Co. -- a major grains grower that is ramping up its ethanol operations -- saw its shares add 17 cents to $36.22 on the New York Stock Exchange. Shares of wheat processor MGP Ingredients Inc. rose 3 cents to $18.75 on the Nasdaq.

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #43374
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
5/1/2006 3:16:38 AM

With Bill gates just purchasing over $5M shares in (PEIX) last week for a 25% stake in the company, and the U.S. government granting a huge contract to(OTD)to convert thier fuel sources. Ethanol stocks are starting to heat up again!

Listen...you better watch this entire sector because ALL of these stocks are gonna make "the next NTRI" look like a penny stock again! I just purchased 20,000 shares of (XTHN) for my boss just B-4 friday's close @ $12.35, and another 5,000 shares of (PEIX)and luckily got filled @ $32.01. I'm also waiting to see what(MGPI)does in the next couple of sessions on tomorrow 5/1/06. I have a good feeling I'll be in that one(MGPI) at some point tomorrow as well.

I told you guys to buy "ICE" at just the right moment, and it skyrocketed from $53 and I closed out at $70.21! But the stock that excites me more than all of them is(NVAO). Just last week, it went from $3.61 to $7.87 in just 4 trading days! I tried getting in late Friday but there just wasn't enough volume at that point. This stock(NVAO)guaranteed starts to rise tomorrow 5/1/06!!!

I'll keep you posted.....

- RIGGS -

traderblues
195 posts
msg #43375
Ignore traderblues
5/1/2006 7:32:09 AM

VRDM

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #43408
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
5/2/2006 2:46:54 AM

"I'm also waiting to see what(MGPI)does in the next couple of sessions on tomorrow 5/1/06. I have a good feeling I'll be in that one(MGPI) at some point tomorrow as well."

I love when I'm right....MGPI opened @ $24.53 and close on it's high @ $26.25! Hope some of you got in too.

- RIGGS -

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #43409
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
5/2/2006 3:00:40 AM

Traderblues -

Love that daily volume on VRDM!!! Very similar to GSHF don't you think?

- RIGGS -

traderblues
195 posts
msg #43411
Ignore traderblues
5/2/2006 7:39:20 AM

Yep. GSHF owns a majority stake of VRDM, so they are moving in tandem right now.

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #43416
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
5/2/2006 11:38:42 AM

"With Bill gates just purchasing over $5M shares in (PEIX) last week for a 25% stake in the company, and the U.S. government granting a huge contract to(OTD)to convert thier fuel sources. Ethanol stocks are starting to heat up again!

Listen...you better watch this entire sector because ALL of these stocks are gonna make "the next NTRI" look like a penny stock again! I just purchased 20,000 shares of (XTHN) for my boss just B-4 friday's close @ $12.35, and another 5,000 shares of (PEIX)and luckily got filled @ $32.01. I'm also waiting to see what(MGPI)does in the next couple of sessions on tomorrow 5/1/06. I have a good feeling I'll be in that one(MGPI) at some point tomorrow as well.

I told you guys to buy "ICE" at just the right moment, and it skyrocketed from $53 and I closed out at $70.21! But the stock that excites me more than all of them is(NVAO). Just last week, it went from $3.61 to $7.87 in just 4 trading days! I tried getting in late Friday but there just wasn't enough volume at that point. This stock(NVAO)guaranteed starts to rise tomorrow 5/1/06!!!

I'll keep you posted....."

- RIGGS -

XTHN from $12.35 to $12.95(Hold) +$12,000
PEIX from $32.01 to $35.68(Sold) +$18,350
MGPI from $25.86 to $29.47(Sold) +$34,656

Already made my quota, and it's only 8:40 AM! Do you see how fast these stocks move??? :)

- WALLSTREETGENIUS -

bruce9432
11 posts
msg #43424
Ignore bruce9432
5/2/2006 2:46:23 PM

Should consider ADM on any ethanol play, up 3.75 today. Good luck and thanks for the posting

rdrr2005
11 posts
msg #43464
Ignore rdrr2005
5/4/2006 10:55:28 AM

My filter picked these stocks mentioned here at the following days as buys
Symbol Buy dates
PEIX Jan19, Mar27
XTHN Feb10, Mar10, May2
MGPI Feb24
NVAO Not on stockfetcher data base and
using my filter
and looking at a chart
a buy Mar30, Apr20
ADM May1, Dec1/05

Look at your charts and see how they have done, would have been nice to get these earlier, can you say cyrstal ball
just my 2 cents worth...

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #43467
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
5/4/2006 3:37:52 PM

XTHN from $12.35 to $12.95(Hold) +$12,000
PEIX from $32.01 to $35.68(Sold) +$18,350
MGPI from $25.86 to $29.47(Sold) +$34,656

Already made my quota, and it's only 8:40 AM! Do you see how fast these stocks move??? :)

- WALLSTREETGENIUS -
===========================

Nice trading Riggs... way to take profit off the table.

Funny thing though, I thought you told me you couldn't talk about your trades for your boss cause that's private??!???!?!

Now...

PEIX
XTHN
MGPI
NVAO

All dropped below yesterday's middle.

Best to wait for the middle cross before going long again. Keep your eye on the fib retracements too.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Time to start buying XTHN & NVAO again!!!!<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.