StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Timing<< >>Post Follow-up
carolynandjoel
30 posts
msg #36852
Ignore carolynandjoel
7/11/2005 10:21:08 PM

Dear Fetchers,
I am totally new to this site (thanks to GLGene for telling me about it). However, I have a major problem with trading the market. That is, I never know when to get in. I read that one must trade WITH the market. But when the market goes up, I always think it is near its top. When it goes down, I assume it will go down more.

The question: Do you folks worry about the overall market or do you just trade what you screen on StockFetcher?

Thank you, Carolyn

BigOh
23 posts
msg #36853
Ignore BigOh
7/11/2005 10:35:35 PM

Are you trading the market or a stock?
Each and every stock in the market has different people playing the "other side" or your trade. I would select your picks, follow your rules and generally watch the market for a general mood. When people are buying your picks (long) will usually go up much faster and the same holds true when people are selling. I use the general direction and attitude of the market to help me in determining whether to be aggressive or hold back some.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #36871
Ignore TheRumpledOne
7/12/2005 1:25:48 PM

If you understand support and resistance then check out my BATTLELINES filter post.

This further divides the area between the lines into a "gridiron" aka football field and allows you to know who has the ball.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Timing<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.