StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · To Poster MKTMOLE<< >>Post Follow-up
karennma
8,057 posts
msg #85210
Ignore karennma
12/30/2009 9:17:53 AM

Hi mktmole:
That filter you wrote last month is unbelievable!
If you go to the "Filter Exchange" Forum and click the "dmi" topic you'll see which filter I'm referring to.
That filter was for SHORT pics.
What would be the opposite of that? (for long pics)
And, again .. thanks for posting such a magnificent filter!

XOXOXOXO
:>)

gmg733
788 posts
msg #85263
Ignore gmg733
12/30/2009 7:20:55 PM

How are you using the filter? Did you supplement an existing screen or stand alone? Kind of curious. I've used ADX for a while but never the slope function.

TIA!

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #85266
Ignore karennma
modified
12/30/2009 7:47:07 PM

gmg733:
I'd never been able to make hide nor hair of the ADX indicator ... until I looked at that filter AGAIN last nite.
WoW!!
I didn't "get it" a month ago, (when it was originally posted) but I "got it" now.
LOL!
It IS incredible. Up until last nite, as far as I could tell, that red line was useless. But the filter yields awesome pics for SHORTS.
Gmg733, you said you've been using ADX for a while. If you don't mind, can you share with us how you've been using it?
BTW, I changed the volume to "Average volume(30) > 1,000,000".
Works like a charm.
;>)

gmg733
788 posts
msg #85270
Ignore gmg733
12/30/2009 10:15:54 PM

I use it for trend strength. I look at the ADX number and put in my screens to look for trends above 20. I swing trade so that keeps me on the strong trend up or down. So if you pull up a chart with the ADX and a time value, I use (10) and not the default (14), you can see the ADX line and a value. Stronger trends are considered to be above 20. It doesn't matter if the overall trend is up or down, just that it is above 20.

I have been studying many traders on this forum lately and the one I'm trying to grasp a hold of is M4M. I've been following some of his dialog and trying to reverse engineer some of his methods and formulas to see if I can't make any sense out of them. To that end, I'm looking at the STEC trade he has been posting and a few days before his purchase, the DMIs crossed which is why your post got me thinking.

I've been looking at RSI(2), W%R(2) and MACD(2,3,1) and you can get a good indication when a trend is topping or bottoming. I think the ADX/DMI is another tool in the belt. What I am trying to figure out now is when it is in fact a break out and not a fake out.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #85290
Ignore karennma
12/31/2009 9:01:43 AM

gmg:
Did you ever write any filters for ADX/DMI?
If so, pls. post (the ones that work. LOL!)
:>)
BTW, I'm using MACD(3,4) with EMA(2)

mktmole
325 posts
msg #85359
Ignore mktmole
12/31/2009 6:16:51 PM

karennma,... you are welcome.

and Happy New Year to all !

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · To Poster MKTMOLE<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.