StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Tradestation Level II<< >>Post Follow-up
glm47
51 posts
msg #42190
Ignore glm47
3/18/2006 2:33:48 PM

Does the Tradestation platform offer Level 2 quotes and if so, does their L2 window have a Time and Sales monitor?

TIA

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #42192
Ignore TheRumpledOne
3/18/2006 3:15:46 PM

TradeStation has Level II and Time and Sales.

Remember, it has been voted the #1 trading platform. It has plenty of "Bells and Whistles".

theProfessional
2 posts
msg #42194
Ignore theProfessional
3/18/2006 3:36:20 PM

AFter Trying > Tradestation, Realtick, and Metastock........

I have to say that Metastock is a far superior platform and has the ability to outperform Tradestation and Realtick in both scanning and backtesting. Both realtime and aftermarket.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #42195
Ignore TheRumpledOne
3/18/2006 3:40:10 PM

Outperform in what way?

Seeking information.

Not looking to debate.

theProfessional
2 posts
msg #42199
Ignore theProfessional
3/18/2006 6:04:49 PM

I know: I am not looking to debate....i respect your posts very much.

But, with Tradestation >and screeners which are created are only alertable when the chart is open, and you have to load the watchlist in which you can screen.

However, with metastock, it is in reality; a REALTIME stockfetcher. It can scan the complete North American and Foreign Markets for any criteria which you write for it.

I spent 3 days at the New York Traders Expo in February, and spent a good amount of time at each booth talking to sales reps and Technical support.

Metastock seems to provide a full comprehensive ability to scan the complete market, rather then inputting a watchlist to screen (like Realtick and Tradestation force you to do.)

However, it also is a bit more costly to buy the software initially. I can deal with that though > for the quality of screening experience.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #42203
Ignore TheRumpledOne
3/18/2006 8:27:07 PM

Thanks for the info.

I prefer to pick my victims, I mean stocks, BEFORE the market opens. That way I can focus on trading.

Both approaches are valid and profitable... just a matter of preference.

Thanks again for sharing.

limestar
79 posts
msg #42218
Ignore limestar
3/19/2006 6:17:03 AM

Are you referring to Qcharts with MetaStock and not MetaStock alone?

glm47
51 posts
msg #42245
Ignore glm47
3/19/2006 8:45:32 PM

TRO, does Tradestation have a good size list of shortable stocks?

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #42250
Ignore TheRumpledOne
3/19/2006 9:11:04 PM

Shorts on TS are usually ok.

Every now and then you can't short a stock.

They post a list so you know.

HTH.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Tradestation Level II<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.