StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion ·  ** **Trading The Marquee** **<< >>Post Follow-up
petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #39978
Ignore petrolpeter
1/5/2006 1:41:13 PM

Something that has helped me immensely as of late is pulling up % gainers and plugging them into SF symbol analizer to see how my filter configs did the day befor the moves.I have been culling and creating filters targeting those specific price moves ever since.I am using Ask Chart market stats to veiw daily movers,Stockfetcher of course for a pre-trade day charted list,and Med Ved Qtracker for the intraday , mostly free.The idea is to have at least 75% of the top gainers show up on my mainstream Stockfetcher filters every day and I have achieved that.Part two is to carefully study charts and put selected ones into Qtracker 100 Shr@ prev close for reference,I know but a little paper traded doesn't hurt.Part three is to select entry.I use candles:One,Three,and mostly Five Min. and I use only Two bottom Histogram indicators at this time for entry/exit:PPOh(3,6,6) and CCIh(6,6) on Med Ved.When both Histograms cross above 0-Long,when Both Histgrams cross below 0-Short or Exit.These Histograms work well for trading ECFs also.Pete.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #40021
Ignore TheRumpledOne
1/6/2006 6:42:46 PM

Thank you for sharing.

MAY ALL YOUR FILLS BE COMPLETE.

petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #40314
Ignore petrolpeter
1/15/2006 9:17:38 PM

Don't forget to play the Cashin'in Challenge!Shouldn't be too hard to beat Dagen McDowell's funds.Top Trader appears on the show,maybe the Rump himself!

petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #44098
Ignore petrolpeter
5/23/2006 1:59:38 PM

RSI(2) and OSCI(8) rules the Gainers today.This has been a huge downdraft and a solid green bounce.I have never seen these bottom filters dominate the %-Gainers Marquee befor as they have today.When the makets are in an uptrend,these rarely show % gainers.PEIX,RMBS and most others rocking today!
Fetcher[Aroon Oscillator(8) touched -92 and close is between 1 and 65 and volume(10) is above 400000 and date offset 0]

and
Fetcher[RSI(2) < 2 and close is between 1 and 65 and volume(10) is above 400000 and date offset 0]

.This is quite a large list but I prefer the sift method.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion ·  ** **Trading The Marquee** **<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.