StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Trendline breakout<< >>Post Follow-up
nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #37872
Ignore nikoschopen
9/8/2005 6:40:58 PM

I'm trying to filter out a stock that breaks above (or below) a trendline. The basic idea is to connect two dots from the previous 2 month high (or whatever you choose as the time frame) and the current week's high. ONLY IF YOU CAN DRAW THE DAMN LINE like you can for support & resistance. For example, look at the following filter:

set{hi, high 8 week high}
set{lo, high 1 week high}
set{diff, hi - lo}
set{ratio, diff divided by lo}
ratio above 0.2

As you can see, I have given the two dots: the first as the 8-week high & the other as this weeks high. The price difference between the two must exceed 20%. Now if SF can allow us to draw a line between the two and find stocks that penetrate above or below the line, this filter would be satisfied.

elnaffar
4 posts
msg #38036
Ignore elnaffar
9/17/2005 11:10:57 PM

Unfortunately SF does not support trendlines. :-(

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #38054
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/18/2005 1:09:09 PM

See my "old school" posts and tweak the filters to get the breakouts you are looking for.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #38080
Ignore nikoschopen
9/19/2005 6:35:55 PM

SF currently supports the "draw" command. I wonder how difficult it is to expand on the same concept & allow a line to be drawn between, say, two troughs or peaks?

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Trendline breakout<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.