StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · True Prediction Indicator?<< >>Post Follow-up
redneckbull
5 posts
msg #60008
Ignore redneckbull
2/27/2008 2:47:46 PM

I'm new to the site and forum, so I'll ask my first "dumb" question and get it out of the way.
I only trade long positions. No shorts or options.
I have always relied on the ADX and Williams %R for finding bottoms
or oversold stocks and for identifying trending stocks.
I have back tested several of the filters listed. And I haven' t really found
one that will predict with any measure of accuracy a stocks movement ,
say a day ahead of time for a trade? Most of my trades are day trades.
Rarely hold more than a week.
Thanks for any feedback.

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #60029
Ignore EWZuber
2/27/2008 4:37:12 PM

redneckbull, Stockfetcher screens are a starting place. They narrow the range of possibilities down from several thousand to a more managable number.
If you are a daytrader you know that intraday chart conditions profoundly affect the next days trading. Thats why it is very difficult to consistently predict the next days move by using EoD stock screens.
I take the screen results and chart the Hourly and 5m charts to get a better picture of what is likely to happen.
Charting the Monthly Chart time frame is also very important, IMO.

redneckbull
5 posts
msg #60031
Ignore redneckbull
2/27/2008 6:57:05 PM

Thanks EWZuber,
I do mostly the same thing you do. Just thought someone may have a different approach or technique they would like to share. Never hurts to ask.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · True Prediction Indicator?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.