StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Ultimate Oscillator question<< >>Post Follow-up
gmcnally1
3 posts
msg #49233
Ignore gmcnally1
1/13/2007 7:50:53 PM

Does anyone know of a way to compare the value of the Ult Osc between today and yesterday (ideally I'm looking for the values to be the same or within X% of each other). Any help would be appreciated.

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #49234
Ignore maxreturn
1/13/2007 7:58:53 PM

This filter finds stocks where the ultimate oscillator is above the ultimate oscillator 1 day ago but it's less than 1% above.

Fetcher[set{mv, ultimate oscillator}
show stocks where mv above mv 1 day ago
mv less than 1% above mv 1 day ago
stock is optionable
price above 1
]

Regards
Max

gmcnally1
3 posts
msg #49235
Ignore gmcnally1
1/13/2007 8:52:04 PM

Perfect. Is there also a way to do comparisons on a week by week or month by month basis ? i.e. look at the Ult Osc value averaged over the last 5 days compared to the Ult Osc value averaged over the previous week period?

gmcnally1
3 posts
msg #49236
Ignore gmcnally1
1/13/2007 9:43:04 PM

I found the syntax for weekly but I am confused. The 1 day "flat" worked perfectly (only returned 1 stock with the Ult Osc exactly the same as 1 day ago. The weekly syntax returns 0 stocks which could be correct but when I add in an additional "and" criteria I get a bunch of stocks (I was expecting results to still be 0). What am I doing wrong? Here is my formula:

set{mv, ultimate oscillator(6,14,28)}
show stocks where weekly mv equal weekly mv 1 week ago
and stocks are optionable

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #49241
Ignore maxreturn
1/14/2007 8:43:34 AM

gmcnally1, I would highly recommend you download the fetcher user guide to get more familiar with the syntax. It takes some time to go through but will be well worth your while. In the meantime following is the syntax you need to use:

Fetcher[set{mv, weekly ultimate oscillator(6,14,28)}
show stocks where mv equals mv 1 week ago
and stocks are optionable
chart-display is weekly
]

Regards
Max

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Ultimate Oscillator question<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.