StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Using the MACD<< >>Post Follow-up
shovel52
18 posts
msg #96750
Ignore shovel52
10/5/2010 3:28:43 PM

I've been using the macd 12-26-9 for the last 6 months to follow the Dow jones. After a while you get a feel for it
Iv'e noticed that price reacts to the acceleration between the macd and it's moving average. If the macd leaves it's average
at a smooth widening with no acceleration then price usually continues up with minor corrections. However if the macd
leaves it's average with an over realistic widening. then price usually falls. The only time you lose is when you get bored and don't pay attention to what the indicator is telling you. Is it possible to write a filter that would scan for stocks that have left
the macd's moving average by a certain percentage? Possibly scroll back in history and find trades that have trended compared to stocks that have over accelerated and fallen back and some how work up an average to compare to?
I am not a filter writer and don't even know if this is possible. All I could do would be to pull up Tradestation and use my
trendline drawer to measure a bunch of trades , and meassure the angle. but that would be as far as I could go. I f a filter could be written I think it would be a very good one, not only to find trending and moving stocks, but to call tops and bottoms.

klynn55
747 posts
msg #96754
Ignore klynn55
10/5/2010 8:18:28 PM

Could you give an example?

jrbikes
624 posts
msg #96841
Ignore jrbikes
modified
10/10/2010 9:06:58 PM

start with this

Fetcher[ show stocks where the MACD(12,26) is less than 5% above the MACD(9) and the price is between 1 and 5 and the volume is greater than 1000000
]

maybe that will get it started, I am not a filter writer, but this is KISS!

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Using the MACD<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.